• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rhapsody

"Time to play a requiem..."

Technical info:
  • Contains only in-game mesh and textures.
  • Contains additional custom animations.
  • The size of the models is optimized.
Author's notes:

This model was requested by Alexen for his AoS map.
Based on Sylvanas Windrunner optimized by Ujimasa Hojo.
Feel free to use/edit the model but give credits!

Keywords:
Assassin, Bard, Harp, HoN, Lute, Musical, Music, Rhapsody
Previews
Contents

Rhapsody.mdx (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A neat hero model wielding a musical weapon. Works in-game. Approved!
Although I didn't have to recreate the reference, I tried to recreate some integral parts of the character's aesthetic, such as hair or a lute, or whatever (?) it is:
Lute.png

By the way, there's also a trick: the Portrait sequence contains its own face, bright and unshaded, so that the dark polygons don't bug it.

I told Alexen that he would have to wait a month for this model due to the lack of time. But the way he addressed me hinted to me that he wants to get the model as soon as possible, he was really excited 😀 So, I picked up myself and... I swear, I have never worked faster 😤

This model may have some imperfections due to the rush, but it is already here, and this is a small surprise. I won't tag Alexen just to see his reaction when he finds the model 🤫

P.S. I agreed to grant this request because the staff members deserve more love, but please, no more... 😵

Last edited:
my man is creating amazing models faster than i can even check them! the dedication is real
btw love this one!
Thanks for paying such attention to my works 😌
Gorgeous! We definitely need more bards in Warcraft!
Thanks! Yeah, might be a hero for an RPG 🙂
Such a lovely name!
Flawless execution, as expected from you my friend.
Great job!
Thank you, mate! Didn't know one day I'd model you in 3D 😀
OMG! You didn't even tell me when you uploaded it <3 LOOKS STUNNING ! Thanks so much!
I'm glad you like it! That's how it was planned 😉

Last edited:
Level 11
Damn a hero female bard, great idea to Alexen and for the model to sir Villagerino 👌. If there is an elf version of this it will be a badass 👍.

Last edited:
Level 48
Ahh, a bard! Those are always fun. I would say currently because of the HoN inspiration, there is a big clash of colours going on with the model. I think a version with more fitting and 'natural' colours (no pink hair or bright green flutes!) could be useful, and an elf version (just add ears!) could be useful as well. I like the altered Archer animations, they work well!

Cool model, NICE!:vw_love:
This looks awesome! Well done!
Damn a hero female bard, great idea to Alexen and for the model to sir Villagerino 👌. If there is an elf version of this it will be a badass 👍.
Thank you, guys! 😌
Cool, but need few vfx for attack and spell
Ahh, a bard! Those are always fun. I would say currently because of the HoN inspiration, there is a big clash of colours going on with the model. I think a version with more fitting and 'natural' colours (no pink hair or bright green flutes!) could be useful, and an elf version (just add ears!) could be useful as well. I like the altered Archer animations, they work well!
Yeah, I thought about it already, to make it less HoN and more Warcraft in an alternate version of the model to increase its usability as a model of a bard, you look up the root, sir! But before I just need to make sure that Alexen doesn't want me to change anything in the near future and, secondly, it has not been reviewed by a staff member yet. Maybe after these two things I would update the bundle even though it's not a high prior 👌

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Thank you, guys! 😌

Yeah, I thought about it already, to make it less HoN and more Warcraft in an alternate version of the model to increase its usability as a model of a bard, you look up the root, sir! But before I just need to make sure that Alexen doesn't want me to change anything in the near future and, secondly, it has not been reviewed by a staff member yet. Maybe after these two things I would update the bundle even though it's not a high prior 👌
I downloaded this version already, which was exactly how I wanted her to look like ❤. Gonna post the hero spotlight for her, tomorrow.

I think Deolrin suggested some really cool stuff for the model!

EDIT: I finished the spotlight. Melledrin hero spotlight

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but it's kinda funny to me, looking at this model directly after your Wight model... This model is perfectly good & serviceable & well-done & all that! It's just a big step-down from the majesty & glory of the Wight guy. xD

That being said, it is well-done & good. It's particularly noteworthy (ha, I made a pun, I maDE A PUN!) because we just have so few non-combat units in the game/Resource section; particularly Bards/musical ones. So this is really good to have. : )

I'm with Deolrin 100%; if you ever get the time & motivation to do so, some minor readjustments to make this more "warcraft-y" (especially in terms of color palette) would really take this up a notch & make it more generally useful, which would be kinda exciting for me.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but it's kinda funny to me, looking at this model directly after your Wight model... This model is perfectly good & serviceable & well-done & all that! It's just a big step-down from the majesty & glory of the Wight guy. xD

That being said, it is well-done & good. It's particularly noteworthy (ha, I made a pun, I maDE A PUN!) because we just have so few non-combat units in the game/Resource section; particularly Bards/musical ones. So this is really good to have. : )

I'm with Deolrin 100%; if you ever get the time & motivation to do so, some minor readjustments to make this more "warcraft-y" (especially in terms of color palette) would really take this up a notch & make it more generally useful, which would be kinda exciting for me.
He said that he worked 1 month for the Wight model, while for this less than that. I don't think it's any "step down" honestly. Also, before the Wight model, the rest of his models are mostly on the line of this one, they are perfectly fine even though they do not have tons of animations or even dedicated special effects for their possible spells.

Also, the model is "warcraft-y" enough imo. He actually went for a different direction and altered her looks so she won't look exactly like Rhapsody from Newerth.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
He said that he worked 1 month for the Wight model, while for this less than that. I don't think it's any "step down" honestly. Also, before the Wight model, the rest of his models are mostly on the line of this one, they are perfectly fine even though they do not have tons of animations or even dedicated special effects for their possible spells.

Also, the model is "warcraft-y" enough imo. He actually went for a different direction and altered her looks so she won't look exactly like Rhapsody from Newerth.
There's no need to be defensive.

I think the model is perfectly good, and took pains to say so. : ) It's a custom, personal request for a specific project, so naturally it's not gonna be quite as "generally useful" as a model that isn't (and that's perfectly fine).

I had no idea of knowing how long he worked on this one (& honestly forgot he spent a month on the Wight), so indeed that changes my perception.

"Step down" might've been a poor choice of words, but everything else in my post should've made it clear I intended no insult. Anyway, a "step-down" from "pinnacle of awexome" is still "pretty dang good", doncha think? : )

"Warcraft-y-ness" is indeed a subjective determination, and all the more tricksy for it. Thus I won't argue the point, except to say "more warcraft-y" doesn't mean it's current state isn't "warcraft-y".

I hope we can both agree that it's a great model. : )

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

There's no need to be defensive.

I think the model is perfectly good, and took pains to say so. : ) It's a custom, personal request for a specific project, so naturally it's not gonna be quite as "generally useful" as a model that isn't (and that's perfectly fine).

I had no idea of knowing how long he worked on this one (& honestly forgot he spent a month on the Wight), so indeed that changes my perception.

"Step down" might've been a poor choice of words, but everything else in my post should've made it clear I intended no insult. Anyway, a "step-down" from "pinnacle of awexome" is still "pretty dang good", doncha think? : )

"Warcraft-y-ness" is indeed a subjective determination, and all the more tricksy for it. Thus I won't argue the point, except to say "more warcraft-y" doesn't mean it's current state isn't "warcraft-y".

I hope we can both agree that it's a great model. : )
Wasn't defensive, just pointing out some facts, and yes it is a great model!

I'm sure Kyrbi0 just wanted to point out a fun fact that I seem to have allowed myself to relax after pushing a huge rock uphill 🙂 But that's not the point.

Here I walked the fine line between speed and quality to complete the request. I needed to create a lot of "out of Warcraft" mesh and use in-game textures that are as close to the original as possible, literally in a couple of days. Otherwise, Alexen would have waited a month for the model, lose excitement and interest 🙃

I have some unpublished models that I made long before the Wight that can also surprise you, no worries 😀
It's so nice to see the cool staff guys discussing my work :peasant-popcorn:

Last edited:
Level 11

Uhhh Bards is not a "non-combat" unit but a combat one, ever heard of a sonic attack. If someone use the model and make it's attack as "spell" instead of the usual use attacks (normal/pierce/magic/siege/hero/chaos), it will make a decent attack unit. But the known role of the Bard is a support one so mostly they are consider a non-combat unit.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Otherwise, Alexen would have waited a month for the model, lose excitement and interest 🙃
You were worried about a month? I've waited years for some of my Requests. :O

Villagerino said:
I have some unpublished models that I made long before the Wight that can also surprise you, no worries 😀
Looking forward to it. : )

Uhhh Bards is not a "non-combat" unit but a combat one, ever heard of a sonic attack. If someone use the model and make it's attack as "spell" instead of the usual use attacks (normal/pierce/magic/siege/hero/chaos), it will make a decent attack unit. But the known role of the Bard is a support one so mostly they are consider a non-combat unit.
^^^

Sound projectile in form of note or sound ball would make this model complete. Any way nice work.
Thank you! 😌 Yeah, I totally agree with you that it would complete the bundle 👍 The thing is that Alexen, the author of the request, was satisfied with the model and already got the required SFX stuff. I'm also happy that other people met the model very positively and thus it made me consider replenish the bundle with a new Bard model for general use (although I wanted to before, but now there is more motivation). I guess I will return to it after the modeling contest 👌

Level 1
Hello, your work is very beautiful, but after I download it, it can be displayed in the War3 Model Editor, but in the game it is a box. What's the problem?

amazing model man
This is really cool! I miss playing Heroes of Newerth ..hope you can create models of other heroes too!
Thank you!

DC level work. :cute:
Thanks, I am very glad that you could like this model so much!

This model looks amazing, I'm currently using it on my custom map. Was this model based on a character from a game?
Thanks, I'm happy to hear that you're using it! Yes, this model is based on the character of the same name from Heroes of Newerth and you can see the original in the 'Previews' of the current bundle.

Hello, your work is very beautiful, but after I download it, it can be displayed in the War3 Model Editor, but in the game it is a box. What's the problem?
Hello and thank you! I have re-check the model and it works fine for me. Make sure your import paths from the Object Editor and the Assent Manager do match and do not contain inappropriate characters or symbols:
RhapsodyImport.png

Level 4
Hello! I've got the same trouble - greenbox ingame. Did it use reforged textures? I try to use standart and custom path in object editor, but it still not working

Hello! I've got the same trouble - greenbox ingame. Did it use reforged textures? I try to use standart and custom path in object editor, but it still not working
Hello! The model uses only in-game textures like it is mentioned in the description.
Check out the spoiler message in this post. You can also try the following path in your Asset Manager:
Code:
Models\Rhapsody.mdx
Regards!

Amazing model! Is there a plan to make an Icon for it? Looking forward if that's the case!
Thanks! There's no no such plans, too busy with the current projects, but you can contact some icon makers on Hive 🙂

This is the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time.
Thank you! 🫶

It would be really cool if you made a model for the graphics of the reforged version.
Glad you liked the model, but I don't work in Reforged graphics 😉