• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reviving RDZ Industries - A Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Fellow mappers and modders, I bring word of RDZ Industries. By the words of Rao Dao Zao himself, if I can get 50 people to sign a petition to prove the public wants RDZ Industries back, he will begin releasing new models. I urge you to sign this now, but if you want to see what he's been doing, read on.

You'll note the last model form the RDZ Industries series released here was the new Twilight Mech, which was made for Operation Twilight, which was a campaign in production by RDZ and me. Along with the Twilight, he made masses of doodads, and began the mysterious Series Y mechs. Of them, one picture was released, previously on our forums at the Hubb, which I will take the liberty of showing you.
RDZMechY.jpg

Once Operation Twilight died for the first time, a new project, first known as Asteroid Wars
(http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=79826), which introduced spaceships, an Asteroid tileset (all made with doodads), and some other nice tidbits. This eventually evolved into the Conversion, a massive campaign who's aim was to re-make Warcraft into a sci-fi mod in one small package. All new tilesets, interface, skins, soldiers, and mechs were present in this, but eventually it died off as well, although the site is alive and running, here: http://rdz.sitesled.com/

Although most of this was behind-the-scenes, if you've visited the Hive before it's upgrade, you may have caught the Heavy Tank and the Rocket Jet.
Y2Mechs.jpg

These models are part of the Y2 Series, and show unrivalled quality compared to their earlier incarnations. Besides this, since the Hive has upgraded, RDZ has shown off some nice new tiles and skins. (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6601)

Assuming you, the visitor of this thread, and everyone else who has visited sign this, you'll get something Warcraft lacks, quality sci-fi models. It couldn't be any easier! Now, don't be lazy, you'll be rewarded. And tell your buddies about it, we need all the help we can get!

Level 9
Also voted yes,because i like those models for their low size and a good quality.

But people always ask me to replace those models :(

As en example "Battlefield 2" ..People always sent messages for me (last one was for about month ago) wher they ask me to replace RDZ models with starcaft ones ...

They Explane their choice by those thing "we need more colorised units" ...

Best regards
Vampire[K.B.]

Level 3
I just say yes for old times. I would release all my old skins for RDZ but then again i lost them all. RDZ Industries is in the graveyard. Just release them to the public. Unless you guys are really gonna make somthing out of it.

Level 5
I voted yes a while ago. Those models were great and so useful to boot. I just wish there were some with team color marks for use in multiplayer maps. Just 11 votes to go. Good job everyone. Can't wait to see what other stuff RDZ Industries come up with.

Level 9

Come on ladies and gents we have a one in a lifetime offer up here dont miss out.

If you want to support this cause then copy the following into your signature...

Bring back the man of steel! Vote Now!
Code:
[url=http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?p=130464#130464]Bring back the man of steel! Vote Now![/url]

Level 9
ONE MORE YES, oh and RDZ said he was going to hunt everyone down and kill them, including me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.