1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reviving RDZ Industries - A Petition

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Metal_Sonic, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Metal_Sonic

Metal_Sonic

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Fellow mappers and modders, I bring word of RDZ Industries. By the words of Rao Dao Zao himself, if I can get 50 people to sign a petition to prove the public wants RDZ Industries back, he will begin releasing new models. I urge you to sign this now, but if you want to see what he's been doing, read on.

You'll note the last model form the RDZ Industries series released here was the new Twilight Mech, which was made for Operation Twilight, which was a campaign in production by RDZ and me. Along with the Twilight, he made masses of doodads, and began the mysterious Series Y mechs. Of them, one picture was released, previously on our forums at the Hubb, which I will take the liberty of showing you.
    [​IMG]

Once Operation Twilight died for the first time, a new project, first known as Asteroid Wars
    (http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=79826), which introduced spaceships, an Asteroid tileset (all made with doodads), and some other nice tidbits. This eventually evolved into the Conversion, a massive campaign who's aim was to re-make Warcraft into a sci-fi mod in one small package. All new tilesets, interface, skins, soldiers, and mechs were present in this, but eventually it died off as well, although the site is alive and running, here: http://rdz.sitesled.com/

Although most of this was behind-the-scenes, if you've visited the Hive before it's upgrade, you may have caught the Heavy Tank and the Rocket Jet.
    [​IMG]
    These models are part of the Y2 Series, and show unrivalled quality compared to their earlier incarnations. Besides this, since the Hive has upgraded, RDZ has shown off some nice new tiles and skins. (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6601)

Assuming you, the visitor of this thread, and everyone else who has visited sign this, you'll get something Warcraft lacks, quality sci-fi models. It couldn't be any easier! Now, don't be lazy, you'll be rewarded. And tell your buddies about it, we need all the help we can get!

2. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Don't hope me to get back on skinning, but that would be great :)
    Voted yes 8)

3. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Its a yes for me. I love those mechs. I think it would be cool if he made more, like a Log-loader(not many know what a log loader is) like worker. Or a four legged walker.

4. VampireKB

VampireKB

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Also voted yes,because i like those models for their low size and a good quality.

But people always ask me to replace those models :(

As en example "Battlefield 2" ..People always sent messages for me (last one was for about month ago) wher they ask me to replace RDZ models with starcaft ones ...

They Explane their choice by those thing "we need more colorised units" ...

Best regards
    Vampire[K.B.]

5. seruk

seruk

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I belive he has made a four legger once, not sure thought.

6. Capcy

Capcy

Resources:
    Resources:
    definatly need to get him back into action :).

7. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You have my vote...

8. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    voted yes, but I'd like to see teamcoloured mechs...
    but even without teamcolours, they rock!

9. fuzzy99

fuzzy99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    the new models

you got my vote

10. imported_Punisher_X

imported_Punisher_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just say yes for old times. I would release all my old skins for RDZ but then again i lost them all. RDZ Industries is in the graveyard. Just release them to the public. Unless you guys are really gonna make somthing out of it.

11. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
    YEA! /me votes

12. Capcy

Capcy

Resources:
    Resources:
    COME ON BABY I WANNA SEE THIS THING ROAR!

13. Metal_Sonic

Metal_Sonic

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yes! If you haven't voted, please do, only 14 more are needed!

14. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    VOTE! Vote like you've never Voted before!!!!!

15. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Resources:
    Resources:
    I voted yes a while ago. Those models were great and so useful to boot. I just wish there were some with team color marks for use in multiplayer maps. Just 11 votes to go. Good job everyone. Can't wait to see what other stuff RDZ Industries come up with.

16. Metal_Sonic

Metal_Sonic

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You'll be blown away by how much better the new models are, there's lots of new buildings too, I'd show you some but RDZ prefers to keep his stuff under wraps. :p Thanks for the vote, just 1 more and we're on the home stretch!

17. Nasrudin

Nasrudin

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    *Blink in*

*votes*

*blink out*

10 more people now. ^^

18. Metal_Sonic

Metal_Sonic

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thanks Nas 8) We're the final stretch people, let's do this!

19. TaKky

TaKky

Resources:
    Resources:
    RDZ is dam cool 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) /5

In fact ill change my sig.

20. Capcy

Capcy

Resources:
    Resources:

Come on ladies and gents we have a one in a lifetime offer up here dont miss out.

If you want to support this cause then copy the following into your signature...

Bring back the man of steel! Vote Now!
    Code (Text):

[url=http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?p=130464#130464]Bring back the man of steel! Vote Now![/url]