• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Revive Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello. I have a problem concerning a map I'm making, and it's supposed to have this:

A hero dies, it drops an item. If this item is brought to an area, the hero is revived at the area. If you could please help me with this trigger, I've been trying three hours for this. Please help?:sad: If this isn't allowed lock it I guess heh.

Level 3
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set My_Point = (Center of Region 000 <gen>)
      • Item - Create Tome of Experience at My_Point
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at My_Point, Show revival graphics
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_My_Point)
You simply need a variable called My_Point.
Condition is a boolean.

Level 2
Sweet.. if this works.. thank you tons...
bas
Or no no no. I believe you misunderstood me. From what I read.. This is basicallyspawning item somewhere. and then picking it up, reviving it. I need like if a unit dies, it drops the item, you bring item to location, hero is spawned at that location.Please also bear in mind that I'm doing this for 6 other heroes...

Level 3
Ah.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Transporting unit) in slot (Random integer number between 1 and 6)) from (Triggering unit)
      • Set My_Item = (Last dropped item)
      • Set My_Point = (Center of Region 000 <gen>)
      • Item - Move My_Item to My_Point
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at My_Point, Show revival graphics
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_My_Point)
      • Set My_Item = No item
Anything else?

Level 13
so if i got you right you want sth like this: the hero dies and drops an item which he DIDN'T carry in his inventory and if someone else picks up that item and carries it to a region the hero gets revived?

if so use sth like this:

• dyingherotype1
  • Events
    • Unit -a unit dies
  • Conditions
    • unit-type of dying unit is equal to herotype1
  • Actions
    • set <deadherotype1> = triggering unit
    • Item - create 1 item of type <itemtype for herotype1> at position of dying unit
    • set <reviveitemtype1> = last created item
  • revive hero type1
  • Events
    • Unit - a Unit enters <revive area>
  • Conditions
    • unit carries item <reviveitemtype1>
  • Actions
    • Hero - Instantly revive <deadherotype1> at somewhere
    • remove item <reviveitemtype1> from game
    • set <deadherotype1> = no unit
    • set <reviveitemtype1> = no item
some terms are not 100% correct cause i did it from memory but you should be able to figure it out, do this for all of your 6 heros

Level 2
I'll try them all, thank you tons!!

Edit: Dunno what to do on what the first person said, and on the second one, the item doesn't drop for some odd reason.

Last edited:
Level 3
You want an item to drop from a hero at death (like an ankh or something?)
If another hero wants to, they can pick up this item and if they goto a certain area it will revive the hero?
Do you want the hero that bothers to rez the other hero to get some kinda stat bonus or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.