• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Revive Hero Instantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
For some reason I can't get the "Revive Hero Instantly" function to work. The trigger simply reads "Specific unit dies, revive that unit at point". I can't think of why it isn't working. Is there a custom script that could revive the hero? I'm using the Jass New Gen editor (if that's relevant). I've also tried it with the generic unit dies event.

Level 19
For some reason I can't get the "Revive Hero Instantly" function to work. The trigger simply reads "Specific unit dies, revive that unit at point". I can't think of why it isn't working. Is there a custom script that could revive the hero? I'm using the Jass New Gen editor (if that's relevant). I've also tried it with the generic unit dies event.

Post the trigger your using to revive him.

Level 4
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
  • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
  • Actions
  • set - TempPoint = (center of (playable map area))
  • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at TempPoint, Hide revival graphics
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
this one doesnt leak

Last edited:
Level 10
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit Dies
  • Conditions
  • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
  • Actions
  • set - TempPoint = (center of (playable map area))
  • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at TempPoint, Hide revival graphics
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
this one doesnt leak

I had been using that, but I think a map file may have been corrupted. I exported the directories for terrain and custom units to a blank new map and redid the triggers. It works now. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.