• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Restoring a hero in campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Howdy!
It's been some time since I made my last map, and Im still pretty noobish, and since it has been a while, I've probably forgotten a lot of things (though I could just look at the last map I made, it was pretty big and it contains most of the triggers I need to know).

The thing is, instead of creating a campaign, I made a big map instead, because I did not know how to restore a hero in campaign.

This is about to change, however. I took a quick look at Bob27's tutorial (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/making-a-basic-campaign-6287/) and I realized it didn't look that hard at all.

My problem is that, instead of actually placing a hero from the world editor on the map, you now make him appear through a trigger. Which means that making a cinematic for example might get more tricky, and when it comes to dialogue and triggers that make the hero do stuff, you cant click on the hero and you'll have to do that through triggers as well.

My question would therefore be, is there any other way for me to make a hero appear in the map, like by placing him like an ordinary unit, instead of using triggers?

- Thanks. :wink:

Level 4
I've looked at a guide from Thehelper.net and it's just waaaaaaaay too much reading, and I basically did did most of the things that the author of the tutorial did, but I have no clue what to do now! It doesn't work!

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98782

I'll upload the 2 maps, my objective is to transfer the hero in the map to map #2.

Im gonna take a break, this is really frustrating...

Attachments

• CAMPAIGN TEST 1.w3m
    19.9 KB · Views: 61
  • CAMPAIGN TEST 2.w3x
    12.1 KB · Views: 58
Level 8
well first off, for cinnematics u dont need the exact same unit. place the unit and select him and use that units animations for cinematics. then load game cache so the player can use the same hero. but for cinematics just make another unit duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.