• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resource moderation suggestion: Keep your darn tags right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hello, dear users and resource moderators,

I've came to raise an issue that has bothered me for a while. I'll get straight to the point - the problem is that there are a lot of resources that users tag anyway they like, just to get in all the search results.

Now, I do not mind this so much when it comes to direct tags, mainly because it is hard to put many tags at once, so it is fairly easy for me to search for "bone", for example.

However, when it comes to categories, the situation is absurd.

For example, if you are to look for Draenai models in our database, you'll get 62 results (as of 3rd November), of which only 5 are actually connected to this category (and 2 of those 5 are attachments). Pretty much the same happens if you search for Gnoll, Murloc or even Night Elf.

This applies also to skins and maps, where the only category that is OK is "campaigns", pretty much because your file has to be "*.w3n".

My suggestion would be either not to approve resources which have been put in all possible categories, or to leave this for the resource moderators to decide.

I also think that there is a dire need for a "fix" team to put all the resources in their respectful categories. While it might sound as a huge task at first, I do believe that it won't take over a month to do so (given the fact that there's no need to go through all the resources, but just go through every category and fix the resources that do not belong in it).

I would be happy to hear opinions on this topic.

Peace. :ogre_icwydt:

Yes that is true, but what people don't realize is that the search function works better if you spam the name of the resource in the description a dozen times. :p

Anyway, I'm sure this issue will be fixed with Hive 2, but right now I don't think such a clean-up can be done, at least not in the maps section. I would gladly do so once the pending maps are gone. ;P
But it's a nice suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.