• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resident Evil 1.5

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
5npvk2.png

6fb88l.png

Resident Evil 1.5 is a single-player map based on an electronic game Capcom's Resident Evil. The map follows a single story however that binds with the original Resident Evil franchise, Resident Evil 1.5 of the events take place five hours before Leon Scott Kennedy arriving in Raccoon City for his first day of work at the R.P.D. Resident Evil 1.5 features classical sound track of the oldest games in the Resident Evil franchise, as sound track of Resident Evil 1, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 and Resident Evil 4, which will be played especially for each region. You will control Leon Scott Kennedy and started the game with only a 9MM and 15 bullets, you discovered the true creator of the G-Virus and why surveys were made of inhuman ways. Resident Evil 1.5 is approximately 45 minutes long, will have parts of the game you will stand not knowing what to do, and will find that the map is buggy but the map DOES NOT HAVE ANY BUG, just investigate further all areas and pay close attention on the cards and messages that you find throughout the map because you only managed to understand the story if you carefully read all messages. Good luck !
Resident Evil 1.5 is a survival map where you must discover the strange events in a nearby forest in Raccoon City.

- Look for items around the scenario, the only way to find essential items for your survival is looking for.
- Check the items you find to know what they are for.
- Save ammo, they are hard to be found.
- Avoid taking too much damage, First Aids will not show all the time.
- Use the ability "Investigate" near bookshelves, tables or anything else can be items.
2rzflf8.png

- THE STORY -
5 hours before Leon Scott Kennedy arriving in Raccoon City and initiate the events of Resident Evil 2, Leon had to undergo within a forest where Umbrella had a kind of "hotel" where walkers and tourists spent the night. And that night Yan Mekler do the experiments with the T-Virus in guests, is a great idea to test the virus ... if Yan Mekler was not crazy ... he created a better virus than the T-Virus, but not is allowed to test it in guests, the Umbrella does not give this permission and that makes Yan Mekler nervous and angry, and then disaster strikes ...

sg4e8g.png

2eydwyc.png

j5ldmq.png

iftrms.png

3342nbt.png

Special Thanks:

I thank all listed below for helping me on the map or have helped in skins, icons or models.
Uncle Fester
GeneralThor
Huinipachutli
The Weird Human
Eubz
JB_McKnight
Sin'dorei300
Hexus
Trollschnitzel
The_Silent
KelThuzad
The Weird Human
alreadyused
Chen
darkdeathknight
Gallin
Kitabatake
Zap
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
ANdROnIQ
stonneash
Mike
bisnar13
imforfun
Tranquil
Scythy Dervish
RED BARON
Geries
The World Is Flat
WhiteDeath
HappyTauren
Chaosium
SantoRayo[iP]
Gormadoc
Polar_Bear
Trollschnitzel
Hybred
skrab
Zombie

2ngwrrt.png

I made this map with much care and attention, it took me two months to finish it, I would like your comment on the map to improve myself in my future maps. Have a good time !
Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
World Editor, Resident, Evil, Leon, Scott, Kennedy, Terror, Single, Player, Biohazard, Survivor.
Contents

Resident Evil 1.5 (Map)

Reviews
20:14, 4th Apr 2016 Rufus: Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay:12 / 30Aesthetics:7 / 20Total:19 / 50 Rating Chart 45-505/5 Highly Recommended35-444/5 Recommended25-343/5 Useful15-242/5 Lacking0-141/5 Unacceptable Gameplay The camera is too close...

M

20:14, 4th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:12 / 30
Aesthetics:7 / 20
Total:19 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
The camera is too close to the character. I felt locked up and frustrated through the game. You should experiment further here, trying new distances, angles, etc.

You need more hints in general. I felt pretty lost in the beginning of the game and as I died it felt like I perhaps had missed something that would have healed me or kept me alive in some other way.

I suggest giving "investigate" a longer range, as I had to stand IN the body to examine it. i imagine this can cause the player problems in the future.

The first time I encountered a zombie was pretty interesting. i got excited and took it easy at first trying to shoot it down. As I backed, i saw another one coming from below, and I got that "holy shit" feeling that was just right. Well done!

After that I ran around some more and then got out into the garden, where two dogs killed me in an instant. It was Game over. I suggest you either add a hint that you should save often in-game or that you have a checkpoint so you don't have to restart the entire map.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
I like what you did with the menu buttons. All in capital with space in between make them look... exotic. Nice idea! Just so you know, you can replace the gold, wood and food icons with black areas aswell, as you are not using them in the game anyway.

The music and sound effects are good.
The imported icons are fitting and works well.
The custom loading screen is creepy and high quality which is nice.
The custom UI looks great save for the human clock in the top middle. YOu should replace this since it kind of ruins the whole atmosphere and the rest of the amazing UI.

The indoors looked pretty nice! A lot of imported material that looked good together.
The outdoor terrain could be improved. The boudrary made of trees didn't give a really good vibe off of them.

The line of trees in the opening cinematic was kind of uniteresting. You could shorten it and add some more varitaion instead of rowing up the same tree model over and over.

The tiles could be changed for some high quality ones to better fit the general game theme. The current blizzard tiles break the concept at doesn't look very good in combination with the rest of the map. Also, you should place them better, as the straight pathways were predictable and ugly.

The english could be improved. It is fully understandable in game, but I had to read the description at least twice before understanding what it wanted to tell me.

The cinematic with the truck ride in the beginning was a little long. It doesn't take more than 5 seconds to understand that the character is going somewhere by it.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
The "Kick" ability causes a lot of lag.
Your character becomes invisible when walking towards the East. This is probably a bug with the model you are using.
You have a missing pathing blocker in the end of the treeline to the south-west. I got out onto a big empty field of grass.
The key didn't work at first. I aproached the main door with the key in my inventory, and nothing happened. When I came back trying again a few minutes later, it worked. It should work the first time.
You can walk straight through chairs in the house.
I kicked a dead body and it raised as if it was engaged and should attack me, but it was still invulnerable and did nothing.
Upon dying, the character played the death animation four times before fading away coompletely.

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
The concept is pretty nice in itself, but it needs more work to be really interesting. In its current state, it is not fit for approval. Improve and update the things I mentioned and I will give this a second go.

Status set to Awaiting Update.

Level 11

Review Galles' Resident Evil 1.5

Visual Ambience

Gameplay, Story and Features

Overall

Suggestions

The game made a good impression on the natural scenery, the grass, trees really fitted. The houses are well-decorated by the items, blood and corpses. The UI, icons and characters are imported models, and quite close to the originals as well as map's theme. However, some details still gave me the feeling of a wc3 rather than a modern theme with plasma TV, laptops (especially the couch,corpses and bookshelves). There is some inconsistence between the objects and characters' height. The credits is quite something.

Terrain: quite simple with a combination of about three tiles. It shows the path as hint really good, but lacks of harmony. You should use some more tiles as "intermediary" to make it look betters, together with some natural doodads as hint-giving. And some places show the wrong way of terraining while the city's floor is next to the grass.

Sound and music: The map has shooting sound, door opening, closing, creepy music... also there are music on climax as well. Somehow later ingame, i heard less, wonder if it is due to saving and loading. However, I heard no growling from the infected or boss, it's less scary.

The conversations are made by floating texts and one is made by cinematics, I don't really know why but it's acceptable.

This map is for single player mode, player will control a character. After getting lost in an abandoned area, he has find a way to escape while befriending with the infected by bullets, solving puzzle by finding the right thing to interact with another.

Story: is connected with the original games, so RE's fan can relate it quickly. And for those who don't, they can know it via documents, just enough to go along this map's story. It's simple, catchy, common but doesn't really give me nice taste.

The camera gave the new feeling at first, then headache later. I have to change it back to normal distance after cinematic. Especially in the basement, the doodads blocked a lot.

Main character has 3 way of fighting: shooting with limited bullets, kicking in exchange of being hit, and throwing grenade with an instant explosion (before the missle flies). The low HP really helps with making player uneased.

The infected isn't really scary, since I can shoot them from afar and they're dead standing still (lucky!); or save bullets by letting Aya shoot from afar.

The boss fight is something nice when you left the trick. It reminds me of old days when I played console and had to load many times to fight the bosses. (Personally, I think there's something wrong with the real last boss when the door traps seemed to be for trapping myself, it was the only time I used cc, a shame.)
I spent an afternoon playing this map twice.
The map has an overall good quality. But the size is really insane because of many mp3 files.
The map still contains lots of empty areas.

I only vote for 3/5. 4 if the author give more effort on the visuals, longer gameplay and work on sound files.

Edit: According to the Map Submission Rules, this is not approvable because of Green Button of E-cards and lacks of Efficient triggering. There are lots, lots and lots of leak in your code. However in my opinion, this map can be approvable for Single Player Mode since the faults stated above doesn't cause any error or reduce the performance during playing.

Character

Unexpected tab 2

Items

Coding

Leon has no portrait while Aya does. When Leon dies, his death animation looped, in the dungeon also.

Aya's projectile need some fix, since it fires from her right leg and the bullet flies in a curve line.

Dr.Yan has a really big gun in his hand, you should make it smaller. And in cinematic, make him "stand" or "stand ready" because scratching the head with a big riffle is weird.

Collision should be fix a bit, since I got some stuck because of Aya and the doodads.

[tab=Visuals]Sometimes the character goes through objects. you should set the pathing more carefully (ex: the piano and some shelves).

Some English expressions is not fluent (or maybe Im bad at reading).

The damage and armor of infected monster still have wc3 features. Also with the character's.

You can change the text about damage, armor, stats... with dash "-" if you don't want to write anything, and Strength's icon as an icon that shows nothing.
[/tab]
[tab=Items]Is it better to have all document saved in the "Quest log"? Or you can let Leon have a spell book ability, and then add passive/active ability that shows the document's content or acquired key/cards. That way player don't have to keep it in the slots or put the items away. (I don't get the concept of [Check] ability, why is it there?)

The Elevator card has green disabled icon.

Can you make the items be picked when fulled? (Check Hive's M-FIS system if you want to)

The method to get "Document with Password" is too vague. I spent 30m there not knowing what to do even after reading the "Secret Document" dozens of times. I think you should give a hint when using [Investigate], showing that whether the object can be interacted with or not. (Hope I said no spoiler)

Whereas, the "Music Sheet" and the conversation reviewed too much hints. It is better to reduce the detail between Aya & Leon's conversation in the safe room.[/tab]

For your further mapping in the future:

You don't really need that many triggers to control the places, items spawns, letters and conversation. With a proper system you can reduce 80% of the labor work and add more detail.

A bullet system can be used for all the weapon, not two for two guns. They're two effects of a same spell.

Learn about leak and how to remove them, please.

Last edited:
Level 15

Visual Ambience

Overall

Suggestions

The game made a good impression on the natural scenery, the grass, trees really fitted. The houses are well-decorated by the items, blood and corpses. The UI, icons and characters are imported models, and quite close to the originals as well as map's theme. However, some details still gave me the feeling of a wc3 rather than a modern theme with plasma TV, laptops (especially the couch,corpses and bookshelves). There is some inconsistence between the objects and characters' height. The credits is quite something.

Terrain: quite simple with a combination of about three tiles. It shows the path as hint really good, but lacks of harmony. You should use some more tiles as "intermediary" to make it look betters, together with some natural doodads as hint-giving. And some places show the wrong way of terraining while the city's floor is next to the grass.

Sound and music: The map has shooting sound, door opening, closing, creepy music... also there are music on climax as well. Somehow later ingame, i heard less, wonder if it is due to saving and loading. However, I heard no growling from the infected or boss, it's less scary.

The conversations are made by floating texts and one is made by cinematics, I don't really know why but it's acceptable.

This map is for single player mode, player will control a character. After getting lost in an abandoned area, he has find a way to escape while befriending with the infected by bullets, solving puzzle by finding the right thing to interact with another.

Story: is connected with the original games, so RE's fan can relate it quickly. And for those who don't, they can know it via documents, just enough to go along this map's story. It's simple, catchy, common but doesn't really give me nice taste.

The camera gave the new feeling at first, then headache later. I have to change it back to normal distance after cinematic. Especially in the basement, the doodads blocked a lot.

Main character has 3 way of fighting: shooting with limited bullets, kicking in exchange of being hit, and throwing grenade with an instant explosion (before the missle flies). The low HP really helps with making player uneased.

The infected isn't really scary, since I can shoot them from afar and they're dead standing still (lucky!); or save bullets by letting Aya shoot from afar.

The boss fight is something nice when you left the trick. It reminds me of old days when I played console and had to load many times to fight the bosses. (Personally, I think there's something wrong with the real last boss when the door traps seemed to be for trapping myself, it was the only time I used cc, a shame.)
I spent a afternoon playing this map twice.
The map has an overall good quality. But the size is really insane because of many mp3 files.

Damn.
I only vote for 3/5. 4 if the author give more effort on the visuals, longer gameplay and work on sound files.

Character

Unexpected tab 2

Items

Leon has no portrait while Aya does. When Leon dies, his death animation looped, in the dungeon also.

Aya's projectile need some fix, since it fires from her right leg and the bullet flies in a curve line.

Dr.Yan has a really big gun in his hand, you should make it smaller. And in cinematic, make him "stand" or "stand ready" because scratching the head with a big riffle is weird.

Collision should be fix a bit, since I got some stuck because of Aya and the doodads.

[tab=Visuals]Sometimes the character goes through objects. you should set the pathing more carefully (ex: the piano and some shelves).

The damage and armor of infected monster still have wc3 features. Also with the character's.

You can change the text about damage, armor, stats... with dash "-" if you don't want to write anything, and Strength's icon as an icon that shows nothing.
[/tab]
[tab=Items]Is it better to have all document saved in the "Quest log"? Or you can let Leon have a spell book ability, and then add passive/active ability that shows the document's content or acquired key/cards. That way player don't have to keep it in the slots or put the items away. (I don't get the concept of [Check] ability, why is it there?)

Can you make the items be picked when fulled? (Check Hive's M-FIS system if you want to)

The method to get "Document with Password" is too vague. I spent 30m there not knowing what to do even after reading the "Secret Document" dozens of times. I think you should give a hint when using [Investigate], showing that whether the object can be interacted with or not. (Hope I said no spoiler)

Whereas, the "Music Sheet" and the conversation reviewed too much hints. It is better to reduce the detail between Aya & Leon's conversation in the safe room.[/tab]

.....Damn

Visual Ambience

Overall

Suggestions

Character

Unexpected tab 2

Items

[/tab]

Comon Dude! Look at the Filesize... :vw_wtf::vw_wtf:

Level 10

Visual Ambience

Overall

Suggestions

Character

Unexpected tab 2

Items

[/tab]

Thank you very much for providing your time evaluating my map, I will look at these detalhs you said and arranges them. (I thought that no one would get through the vault with password :ogre_hurrhurr: )

For a single player game it is totally fine to have this dimension of file-size.

Just a question, one can look through walls ? ( judging from screenshot)

In-game it is very difficult you can do this because the camera is focused on the character, the screenshot was only for you to see how the game is

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Thank you very much for providing your time evaluating my map, I will look at these detalhs you said and arranges them. (I thought that no one would get through the vault with password :ogre_hurrhurr: )

That detail is my most upset thing. While making your map, you should think as a "player", not a "creator".
BTW, the review is written with my playing as a "player". I had a much more detailed review and suggestions if I took it from another perspective.
About the real last boss, I can "guess" your intention, and think that you did it wrong. Or maybe it's just because I'm bad at playing games, I will wait if somebody else get the same problem as I did.

Level 10
That detail is my most upset thing. While making your map, you should think as a "player", not a "creator".
BTW, the review is written with my playing as a "player". I had a much more detailed review and suggestions if I took it from another perspective.
About the real last boss, I can "guess" your intention, and think that you did it wrong. Or maybe it's just because I'm bad at playing games, I will wait if somebody else get the same problem as I did.

What is the problem you had with the last boss?

Level 11
I revised the review. I guess I am more generous than Hive's rules.

What is the problem you had with the last boss?
I suppose you want to lock the boss on the other side of the gate. So I can shoot him while he's stop by the gate for a short duration and continue onwards. Here's what I met:
  1. When I do it downwards, meaning from top to bottom, the door locks when Im close to it, stopping my run.
  2. When I lured the boss to the bottom and started doing it upwards. I activate the lever, the boss went through the door and then it closed. He can continued to chase me.

Level 10
Changelog Version 2:

- Now leon has a 25% chance to get bleeding (Leon will lost 6 health every 5 seconds until use a First Aid or Bandage).
- Icons of the basic commands have been replaced.
- New item added: Bandage ( cures bleeding and heals 10 hp)

Level 5
I think you did a very good job on the theme and icons, bit I noticed that there is no portrait. The running/walking animation looks kinda weard if you fokus on it. The kick animation takes very long and stutters, If also notice that the kick animation ends with the gun drown witch does not fit. After the player dies he repeats his death animation, I don't know if that is what you wanted to happen when the player dies, but it doesn't look good. I only see some new grass on the terrain but that is all I see no spesial job done to the terrain, The map has so much open ground and free space for such a big map. The creatures is well made, I can't say if it looks like the creatures from Resident Evil because if never played it. There are lots of ground tiles that does not fit and is there for no reason. What is the purpose of the Yan Mekler's they are not hostile even if the player attacks them?

I rate this map 2/5 because of all the problems and I think this map needs more work

Last edited:
Level 10
I'm already working on a new version of the map to correct the problems mentioned, await a new version soon!

@EDIT:

New version posted.

Version 3 changelog:

- Green Icons of access cards has been fixed.
- Loading Screen replaced.
- Added the command "Move Aya" that ordens Aya to move to the chosen location.

Last edited:
Level 16
Nice idea for a map. I'll give it a go sometime. I did notice your map filesize is fairly large. I took a look at most of the music in your map and managed to cut them down a bit. If you replaced your music with mine, your map will save about 24MB. Could probably do much more to reduce the filesize, but this is a start.

Attachments

• MusicCompressed.rar
    21.5 MB · Views: 196
Level 1
Hello need help over here. I am lost on the mansion where we met Aya for the first time. I used the evelvator but find nothing on the floor.... Can someone help me to explain where i have to investigate? Thanks (I got the secret experiment but on't find aya anymore. I don't even find the combinaison for the safe