• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Research over time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So basicly, i feel even embarrased to ask again for help, but here we go.

So my problem is, i've always used the simple and easy format of

Time - Elasped is xx.xxx seconds.
Unit - Order - "Building name" to "Research Name"

and that is it. so What i am trying for over 2 hours now is, that Grey in this case who is allied with Yellow, Orange, Green and Pink. grey is the one who is supposed to Research those in times of 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000 and 6000 seconds, that means 6 researches of Creep Attack Level X and Creep Defense Level X. the upgrades cost 500 lumber each, and grey has unlimit lumber so thats not the problem.

My aim is that grey researches those 2 upgrades at the same time of 1000, 2000 etc. for player Yellow, Orange, Green and Pink. But somehow i cannot get it to work.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
That is why Grey which is an ai, is doing it for the players
A player cannot research upgrades for a different player.

If you want the upgrades grey researches to apply to other players, then additional triggers are required. In response to grey finishing the research of the upgrade, for each of the other players the researched upgrade is set to the level of the researched upgrade for Grey.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
That is why Grey which is an ai, is doing it for the players
Incorret, grey is a computer, which is classified as a player.
DSG already explained you how to do it.
Simply make a trigger with the event a unit finishes a research, make the condition if the researched research is equal to your research then you set the research level of every other player to want to level 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.