• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Require Help with some Map Editing Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Three questions, if anyone can help or atleast point me in the right direction I'd be gratful.

I’ve run out of destructible Felwood canopy trees. I’m using them as environmental pathings blockers. How can I use more with out exceeding any limits? I’ve tried altering models for indestructible environment trees such as barrens. But all I get is these white models with no skin. Suggestions?

Is there a program I can use to open up Blizzard made campaigns to view triggers and other features?

How do you hide Neutral buildings such as fountain of health, ect, ect? I’ve selected false in the “Stats - Neutral Building - Shows Minimap Icon”. but when I load the map they are still visible right away.

Thanks

1) Use Jass New Gen pack: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=90999

2) Use an MPQ manager to extract those maps and they will be able to be opened, e.g.: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools.php?id=zticif

3) You can use this trigger:
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Neutral Passive) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Neutral Building - Turn special minimap icon Off for (Picked unit)
You can also go to your unit in the object editor and set the "Stats - Hide Minimap Display" to true.

Level 1
Actually I'm right back where I started. I know nothing of Jass. So the New Gen pack really didn't help. Not sure exactly how it differs from my normal World Edit. As far as the MPQ it has no .exe file so I have no clue how it even functions. Come to think of it reading this I probably sound like a real idiot. Be kind to sloth, me not no better. :(

Level 17
the jass new gen pack can allow no limit, means you can have millions of doodad, and you can still save the map
Click grimoire, then click enable no limit
For the mpq editor, haven tried it, but, i really suggest you to use magos, it has same power like mpq editor, and it allow you to export the campaign map

Status
Not open for further replies.