• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting Pokemon Models and Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm in the middle of making a map based on the game/TV show Pokemon.

I'm making this map for my little brother who just loves Pokemon. Full credit will be give if anyone can be bothred creating Models/Icons.

So far these are the Pokemon I need:
Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Pidgy, Pidgeoto, Pidgeot, Mew, Zapdos, Moltress, Articuno, Spearow, Fearow.

I know this is a bit much. But if you could make just anyone of them, I would be very happy :). (The one's I want most are the first 9).

Thank you for reading this, and I hope you can make some.

- Azalgath

Level 4
Thx for trying to help. I think I'm just going to have to use the WCIII models.

I'm using the Lava Spawn for Charmander, Sea turtle for Buablsaur etc. It doesn't look too bad.

If anyone got any good idea what WC models look like pokemon, that would help :)

If anyone cares, it's starting too look pretty good. I'm using some of the sounds from the show and using most things based off the game.

And yes, I'll make a pikachu :)

Level 4
Thx for thoses ideas, so far these are what I have programed with the models:

Charmander - Lava spawn
Charmeleon/Charizard - Same as Charmander, just bigger
Bulbasaur - Sea Turtle (Evolutions same, just bigger)
Squrital - Mur'gul Marduer (See above)
Weedle - Duneworm (Coloured Green)
Kakuna - Serpent Ward (Coloured Green)
Beedrill - Hapry Queen (Coloured Green. I'm stil making the abilities)
Pidgey - Hawk (Still making Abilities)

Polar_Bear, if you can get your Pikachu model skined, I would love to use it. :)

Werewulf and N00byStance <- Going into credits for help with ideas

- Azalgath

Level 4
An actual pokeball would be useful, currently I'm using the 'Orb of Slow' model. I've made my own icons for the Pokeball and I can make some for the Pokemon.

If anyone knows how to make a good disabled icon using the Gimp that would be very much appreciated :D

What N00byStance means is that a Pokeball is just a sphere (A 3D circle :)) and he's saying that it's not hard to make one...

I've changed the Charizard to the Red Dragon. :)

- Azalgath

Level 45
Well here it is so far. Certain limits were made due to u did not plan ur UV wrapping. Oh and the screenshot was taken by my low end comp.

Oh and noobystance. To be honest, the program I use cant make any shapes. This was the closest model I found to a sphere. If u could smoothen it I will giv u all the credit.

I havnt finished yet, any changes u want before i do finish?

Level 13
LOL I opened gmax yesterday and... i made Poliwag =D Maybe not "made", cuz it hasn't skin, uv unwrap and animations, but it is on right way ;)

REAL PHOTO :D
Poliwag.jpg

MY SCREENSHOOT :D
poliwagmodel1bg.jpg

Hmmm... Why its tail is ... not like his tail? I think tail skin should have alpha transparent background so it will look like real tail (Only tail visible no black bacground). =]

HAHA I MADE MODEL xD xD IT SUX BUT I DID IT!!! :twisted:

Werewulf said:
Well here it is so far. Certain limits were made due to u did not plan ur UV wrapping. Oh and the screenshot was taken by my low end comp.

Oh and noobystance. To be honest, the program I use cant make any shapes. This was the closest model I found to a sphere. If u could smoothen it I will giv u all the credit.

I havnt finished yet, any changes u want before i do finish?

Nice Charizard-model you made, Werewulf.

The only thing missing on the model (what I think) is the sharp teeth. And a portrait would be nice too (but that is not so necessary). :wink:

Level 4
Wow! They look awsome. I can't wait until they are finished. Heh, that charizard looks better than a giant lava spawn, or a low flying red dragon :).

So far, I've finished about 30 different abilities. The first town. Capturing/Summoning/Withdrawing pokemon. And the random encounters. I've even made Nurse Joy say the same things off the gameboy games :).

The polywag looks awsome :). Better than what I can do.

- Azalgath

Level 5
The Charizard model looks nice and so does the early Poliwag model. I think it might be possible to make Mewtwo without a custom (poly edit/made from scratch) model if these steps are done. Note: This method is not that important but I post it here as a method to save time and trouble.
1. Reskin Archimonde. (Also alpha out the cape.)
2. Attach a helmet to his head such as this one:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Models&ID=2488 (This idea comes from the anime but I had to mention it because the armor looked really cool.)

Level 13
Guess what :D

Today I opened gmax next time and... enhanced Poliwag =D

Screenshot:

poliwagmodel27fl.jpg

Unfortunatly i SUCK at skinning... =S maybe someone could make better skin? Especially the spiral. Just draw a spiral, but better. On white background.

My model is LAME - remember that =D First... ok, SECOND model i have ever made. Well, maybe not "made", cuz it is STILL not done...

Level 4
I must say, that polywag isn't all that bad. Much MUCH better than what I can do...

I've almost finished with all of Beedrill attacks, but damn homework keeps getting in the way :x

Keep up the good work :)

- Azalgath

Level 13
@Werewulf: Note that I must send you exported mdx file, which I cannot re-import. I just need 2 pictures I listed in my last post. Here are some pics (layouts): make same, but better ;)

Chest spiral:
poliwagskinspiral0op.jpg

Tail:
poliwahskin14gr.jpg

If you want you can enhance eye too. If you make tail please make it with cartoon black edge. With alpha-transparent background (Targa please :roll: ).

Thanks for attention! ;)

Level 4
Hi peoples :)

I've been away for a couple of days, so I havn't been working on it. So no new updates :(

This is going to multiplayer. Probally about 6 players (Not too many cause the maps Huge and it's going to be full of custom content :))

Anyways, that's all I can think of saying at the moment. (Worldedit just finished loading)

- Azalgath

Status
Not open for further replies.