• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Requesting for Stat Attributer made on GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm actually looking for a simple stat attributer in GUI form and i found one. The problem is, it consumes three slots on the Hero skills, making the hero to have only 2 free skill slots. I found some good attributers but i dont know JASS. So i can't import it. If anyone knows how to make a simple Stat Attributer that doesnt consume any hero skill slots, please tell me how to. Tell me too if this Stat Attributer trigger is possible to be made on GUI. Thanks in advance.

Level 21
Ok, I've quickly made a system for you 2, but it might contain bugs.
Since this is GUI, it's only MPI, which means every player can only have 1 hero. Maybe I can make it fully MUI later, but whatever...

Basically, it adds a "spellbook" ability whenever you level. In here you can increase Strength, Agility or Intelligence, while not consuming any of the 5 hero abilities.
Right now, attributepoints spend per level is set to 1, which means you can only increase 1 of your attributes every level. You can change this amount yourself.

What you need to do to install this into your map:
1) Import the 4 abilities in the object editor
2) Add the "Increase Attributes" ability to your hero's UNIT abilities.
3) Copy/paste the 2 triggers (don't copy "cheat").

That's all.

Last edited:
Level 6
Thanks. ^^ I'm going to study the trigger. ^^

EDIT: The trigger is great! Thanks Eleandor. Now its up to me to edit the triggers you made so it will fit perfectly in my map.

+REP

Level 6
XD Ok i will rep you! XD Anyway i added a multiboard system o nthe first trigger you made so the player can track his remaining stat points. I will post it so you can check it if i did something wrong. ^^

EDIT: So i already made a Multiboard. I have only one problem. When he gains more than 2 levels(ex. Level 1--->Level 3) He only gains 5 Stat points which supposably to be 10 points. i can't do the right math. But i'm still working on it. Please check the triggers to correct the problem. ^^

Attachments

• tesst.w3x
    21.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Level 21
  • Starting Stats
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UnspendAttributes[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (UnspendAttributes[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 4)
will never work because there is no "triggering unit", thus there is no owner, thus WC won't know which "unspendattributes" to increase.
But there is a much easier way (and I should've told you): just go to variables (cntrl + B), and set the Initial Value of "UnspendAttributes" to 5. Then remove the above trigger, because it doesn't do anything anyway.

Something else I should've said: in this testmap, I made a cheattrigger that increases the level of your hero by 1 if you type "level"... so those tomes aren't really necessary :)

Level 6
^^ Anyway i'm just testing the stat points that will be received when a hero gains more than one level even though i know that it won't happen on my map.

Level 21
^^ Anyway i'm just testing the stat points that will be received when a hero gains more than one level even though i know that it won't happen on my map.

I've tested it, it works. Actually, it's the main reason why this "system" isn't fully MUI...

I used "casting unit" because for some reason it didn't work with triggering unit somewhere... maybe the source of that problem didn't lie in the "casting unit", but I just changed it to be certain...
And it's not a big deal.

Level 6
Wel i guess i have no choice but to study JASS. But while i'm studying JASS, i will still use the trigger you made. Thanks a lot.

Level 21
GUI stuff will always have its limitations... For example: I can think of another solution that would not consume any hero slots and is fully MUI, but one of the bad things is that you can only increase an attribute by a max. of 100; which means that if you spend all 5 points on agility every level, you'll not be able to increase it any further after level 20... (and thus maxing all stats at level 60) unless I make the triggers a bit more complicated...

Nevertheless, I guess many people here will advice you to learn jass anyway...

edit: ok, I've tested the new "system" and it's: GUI and MUI. For now, your heroes can only become lvl 40, but you can increase this yourself...

Last edited:
Level 6
Well i guess the stat limitation is not bad. It's better to have limitations on stats like rpg games does. I also have planned taht the max level of each hero is around 50 or less. If you have already made the trigger, can i see it? ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.