• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request: Voice Acting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay so my computers got a mike and I could do the dialogue easily, I've got audacity, and I've done it.

The problem is, I'm not the techiest guy around, and I cant edit my voice to look cool without sounding robotic. So i figure the best source for a good voice is naturally.

All I request is some recorded dialogue of....

Herald of Time: Another of Man's vast adventures that have proven his worth... time and time again. (so this dialogue has the tone of him being like a storyteller, imagine a librarian reading the story. She emphasizes a lot. But once you get to the "time and time again" he voice becomes bored, and his voice trails off, because he is sick of repeating the same story)

Herald of Time: As the stories Always(emphasis on Always, the herald is becoming sarcastic and mocking) tell: From the icy caps to the dry deserts, his adaptation was relentless. (the herald's voice grows to be more irritated as he becomes more and more sick of the same story, still showing sarcasm and mockery)

Herald of Time: And so I began to wonder(talking towards himself, voice becomes curious and interested)... If man truly was the most devastating(emphasis on devastating, as if making the humans sound more powerful than they are) force... What would be if man faced man? (becomes startled, dumbfounded at this thought)

Herald of Time: So today(referring to audience, voice becomes intruiging)...I bring you Back(emphasis on back) in time(begins to sound like a mad scientist, excited). To the yesterday before yesterday, because You will now set the fate(pause) of the Human Race(dramatic sound effect and speaking of the words "of the Human Race")

Thanks so much to anyone who can help!! ^-^

Last edited:
Level 4
Interesting, I'm not a techy guy either, but why would you need to edit the sound? Just do some good voice acting and put some music behind it in WE and it sounds amazing ^^

I'm not a voice actor xD so i cant do the so-called "good voice acting"

Also, I dont really care then if the voice is natural, but if people can somehow make their voice look more epic by knowing how to use some voice-editing programs, I dont know. Just good dialogue :D

Level 16
Also, I dont really care then if the voice is natural, but if people can somehow make their voice look more epic by knowing how to use some voice-editing programs, I dont know. Just good dialogue :D

Sure I can just send me an mp3 of your voice I'll make it the way you want it to be. But be specific. "Old man, Heroic, Dark and Evil, God type of voice".

I'll make any kind of voice you want with your recordings. ;)

Level 4
Ok so the voice would have to be like some old sage, some god-type of voice, someone omniscient, you know? The person is like, the Herald of Time, like a Timekeeper, a watcher of everything.

I'll edit the first post to include some more detail on the tone of each dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.