• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Request - Trigger system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm attempting to create an addition to my game (I'm re-creating the far-overdone Troy concept), and actually it's kinda the most important one - the trojan horse. I'm still trying to find a decent in-game model for it (perhaps pack horse scaled to like 5 at color 30/30/30), but more importantly, I need to create a trigger system to support it.

Essentially, since people aren't retarded, no one would fall for a Trojan Horse in its most basic form, so it's going to need to be somewhat random. So, the system would... i guess... create a Trojan Horse at a region, allow it to be fillled with units, and then move it instantly to a starting location, and made invulnerable, however, with only a 1/5 chance of the units being in there. The other 4/5 chance would be of it containing like 6000 gold, which the Trojans will need since their gold income will be starved in comparison to the Greeks for specifically this purpose. Then the Horse would be ordered to move into the city. The Trojans then are displayed a message informing them that they can either accept (-accept) or reject (-reject) the Trojan Horse. If reject, then remove horse from game. If accept, then allow to proceed into city, when reaches target point, either create gold coins around the horse, or unload like 50 units, depending on how the chance came out. This would repeat about once every 15 min.

Help appreciated. :)

Level 13
WTF! It is so confused,i know abit only.
  • XXXX
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Boss = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Unit - Make (Last created unit) Invulnerable
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Equal to 75
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Add 6000 to (Owner of (Last created unit)) Current gold
        • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Trigger - Turn on (Reject)
      • Trigger - Turn on (Accept)
  • Reject
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -reject as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Boss from the game
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
  • Accept
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -accept as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Boss to Move To (Center of (Playable map area))
  • Enter
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Attack 1 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Tome of Experience at (Center of (Playable map area))
      • Trigger - Turn on Give Gold <gen>
  • Give Gold
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Tome of Experience at (Center of (Playable map area))
i only know these,after accept i gonna confused.

Last edited:
Level 4
Here, I'll try to be clearer.

When a 15 minute timer expires, I need a unit named Trojan Horse to appear in a specified region (HorseRegion), and have players 7 through 12 be able to load units into it. Since I know you can't load more than one player's units into the same transport, this is one of the tricky parts. I need it to, when a player tells a unit to load into the Horse, when it reaches the Horse, remove that unit from the game, set a variable to remember what type of unit it was, and create a unit for neutral in the Horse (planning on having the Horse belong to neutral, if necessary you can make it belong to player 7). When the Horse is full, run the 1/5 chance thing, and give it an 80% chance of removing all units from inside the horse and set a variable (HorseContents) to 2. If 20% comes true, leave units in the horse, set (HorseContents) to 1, and move it to (HorseGoesHere). As soon as horse begins to advance, display message to players 1-6 informing them that they may either accept (-accept) or reject (-reject) the trojan horse. If -accept, do nothing. If -reject, remove Horse from the game. If they accept and horse reaches (HorseGoesHere), check the integer of (HorseContents). If = 1, then create units equal to what was told to load into the horse at (HorseUnloadsHere), if = 2, then give 1000 gold to players 1-6. Then restart the 15 minute timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.