1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Request] Torn Lordaeron Banner

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Paulus, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Paulus

Paulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dear Hivers,

I would like to request a model from you guys. It's a destroyed/ torn banner of Lordaeron (Doodad-props Cityscape). If you guys can make some versions of it like a bit torn, half cut off and almost destroyed i would really appriciate it.

Banner
    [​IMG]

Example
    [​IMG]

Thx in advance and you will get +Rep ofcourse!

Attached Files:

2. Paulus

Paulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bumps

3. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Do not bump unless an interval of 48 hours (two days) have passed, right now it's not the case.

Have patience.

4. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Texture Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I think this can be done by alpha skinning? I don't know, since I haven't skinned yet. I'll study about it soon.

5. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yes it can, it also depends on the model's materials (whatever it supports the alpha or not).

6. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    All models without exceptions support alpha channeling, however, parts of models that have team color on that location can never be alphaed out, just TC-ed.

If these don't suit your need, tell me and I'll work on them more.
    Import them under these paths:

Doodads\Cityscape\Props\Banner_Long\flag1_64.blp
    Doodads\Cityscape\Props\Banner_Long2\flag2_64.blp

And it really doesn't matter which one goes where.

Btw, I've never noticed how tiny these flags are to work on, I mean, full quality BLP is less than 10 KBs. It was quite painful to draw sharp lines even with 1 px brush.

Attached Files:

7. Paulus

Paulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    thx Apheraz Lucent!

I like how you did the models. Only they are a bit buggy. When i dont place them the holes in the flags are shown. But when i place the flags, the holes are gone. In the blue flag, well there are no vissible adjustments. In the whiteflag the holes become black.

Also the white flag has a blackspot at the bottom. I think that should be a hole to?
    The white flag is thorn to pieces, but the bottom part is hanging on a thin line. Because of that the bottom part should move different because of physics. If you can create the thick outerline back it would fix that. Get what im saying? its difficult to explain.

I hope you understand what im saying and will be able to fix that. Anywayz thx for the time and energy!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ugh, now I've realized by looking at the model that it disallows alpha because it doesn't have any more than 1 standard texture which never uses the channel. Now I remember why I've never tried skining doodads.

However, I've modified the model for you to make it allow alpha, but, to use it just so that you can find an alternative from someone else, in form of a more functional model, as it takes quite some space.

Oh, and I've also fixed the hanging-on-string issue.

Paths for models are such as you import them, and for textures:
    RuinedFlag1.blp
    RuinedFlag2.blp

Attached Files:

9. Paulus

Paulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you very much!
    I suggest you upload them into the model section because it really can finish some ruined castle maps.