• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Request someone to reformat my image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I'm making a campaign, and i found a high quality image of a girl and a Mandalorian (its a star wars campaign). And i usually use Irfran View, however that appears to have some serious imaging limits as it doesn't really let me create anything onto the image. So i was using paint to create simple line of black on part of the image, so that i could place words there. However when i saved it, the quality was noticeably poor, which sucks because this image looks good simply because its such high quality.

So what i need is simple. Someone to make a little from below the girls chin down like 100 pixels black, and from the top of the guys visor 100 pixels in black. Once i get it back ill crop it so their is just enough black. But the reason i cant do this is because my Paint program kills the quality by like 70%, and i cant figure out why. +rep and appreciation to whoever will do this while keeping the quality of the image up.

Edit: oh and i do believe my campaign is quite fun for an alpha version. The first 2 missions are complete and i implemented 4 unique unit sound response sets. so feel free to check that out ^^ i need feedback

Attachments

• Manny1.jpg
    Manny1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Manny3.JPG
    Manny3.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 63
Level 35
The reason for the quality loss is most probably because you're saving it in .jpg format, which totally messes up everything. When uploading pictures here (even if they are .bmp format), most of them are displayed as .jpg aswell, which reflects the same factor of quality loss.

I recommend both uploading the full and saving the cropped picture in .png or .bmp and zipping it, so the forum structure doesn't screw it up.

Last edited:
Level 11
Actually what debode did was correct. After vigorously trying to see a quality difference in what he did and what the original picture is, their wasn't any. However when i saved in Ifranview to jpg it was fine. It could be just that i have an old old version of Paint or something, since this computer is getting there. But thanks for the tip anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.