• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request:Raziel from Legacy of Kain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey Everyone !!! I seriously need 1 more model for my map . The map is called Champions of the Island and it's description can be found here : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f202/champions-island-hero-arena-94533/

The model is Raziel , a soul eater .
His pictures :
Raziel.jpg

raziel4_2.jpg

raziel_2.jpg

Major credit will be given ;] (seriously)

Level 10
It's a 48 hour bump on this site, not 24...

There is alot less interest in making models from commercial games then original ones as far as requests go. It takes alot of time to make a model... so unless someone is interested in the chosen character or game then they aren't going to want to make something that's already been done before.

On top of that, you say you really need this model yet your map has nothing to do with legacy of kain. You only want it because you think he is a cool character, nothing more.... you could use any other pre-made custom model with only that reasoning.

Finally, to make matters even worse you are requesting a gummi bear model for the same map! Do you really think someone is going to put in a tonne of effort to make you an awesome Raziel model just to have it thrown into an arena map with random heros like a singing bear?

I'm not saying your map is bad or that your a bad map maker or anything like that, it's just I really don't think you are considering what it would take for someone to make that compared to it's actual value in your project.

Level 6
It's a 48 hour bump on this site, not 24...

There is alot less interest in making models from commercial games then original ones as far as requests go. It takes alot of time to make a model... so unless someone is interested in the chosen character or game then they aren't going to want to make something that's already been done before.

On top of that, you say you really need this model yet your map has nothing to do with legacy of kain. You only want it because you think he is a cool character, nothing more.... you could use any other pre-made custom model with only that reasoning.

Finally, to make matters even worse you are requesting a gummi bear model for the same map! Do you really think someone is going to put in a tonne of effort to make you an awesome Raziel model just to have it thrown into an arena map with random heros like a singing bear?

I'm not saying your map is bad or that your a bad map maker or anything like that, it's just I really don't think you are considering what it would take for someone to make that compared to it's actual value in your project.

LoL , so you're saying that some originality and fun things is bad for a project ?

you could probably use a protoss dark templar for that model

Too modern xD

Level 10
wow, you didn't read what I said at all. I was explaining why your chances of getting this model are so slim. I don't think I mentioned a thing about originality or fun, but what you consider to be fun for you isn't necessarily going to be fun for the one doing the work...

Besides, it's not original, it's from another game. It's not suited to your map either, it's a specific character with it's own universe... so to throw it into a map full of random characters would be a waste from the modeller's perspective. If you were doing a Legacy of Kain map, then it could be justified and you would have a more reasonable chance of getting it made (providing your end of the mapping was up to scratch).... but you're not, so why would a modeller want to make you Raziel when you could just throw in any custom model for the same effect?

I don't know why you would turn down the dark templar model either, it's so close to what you want. Too modern? The only thing relatively modern about it is the weapon, which could be reskinned to suit.... think about it.

I still don't think you will get the point of what I'm saying... so good luck getting your model.

Status
Not open for further replies.