• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request: Psychic Spell Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
RotG Request: Psychic Spell Pack

Psychic Spell Pack
this will be used as spell pack for our project,
Warcraft III: Rise of the Guardians ORPG.

It's okay don't make haste on making this. Of course we will give full credit who made even one spell on the list. And dont worry, we'll give rep points for the effort. All skills that have :thumbs_up: before numbers are already done and working. And numbers that have :fp: needs fixing. We need 10 spells for this pack. So lets get started.

NameDescriptionRequired LevelOther InfoBonus per level
:thumbs_up:1. :Mana Sphere
(Missile)
Casts a magical sphere of compressed mana to the target, dealing 20% of the user’s intelligence + the difference of the intelligence of the target dealt in damage.Level 1Single-target
Total Level: 5
Cooldown: 2
Mana Cost: 20x the level of the ability.
+20% per level.
:thumbs_up:2. Telekenesis
(Instant)
Casts a mind magic to levitates the target, for 1 + 0.50 second x the number of level of the ability. Target unit cannot cast nor attack during levitation. Levitated unit can be throw to a target damaging it by the difference of the caster's int and target + the difference of the levitated unit and the caster. Half duration on Heroes and Bosses.Level 6
Single-target
Cooldown: 6
Mana Cost: 25x the level of ability
+ 0.50 seconds per level.
*3. Mind Conquer (Passive)Increases the meditation to increase vigilance. Increases the Intelligence and Wisdom by 5 + 1% per level and block rate by 4%.Level 11Total Level: 55 + 1% Intelligence and Wisdom per level, Increases block rate by 4% per level.
4. Mind Bend
(Instant)

Conjures a blast of mental magic in 300 area, dealing 25% of the caster’s intelligence + the difference of the intelligence of the target dealt in damage.Level 16 Point Target Area
Cooldown: 8
Mana Cost: 35x the level of the ability.
+25% per level.
*5. Psychic Rage
(Passive)
Increases the spiritual sense, when it successfully blocks an attack or spell, it will release its stored energy, damaging enemies in 400 area of effect for 50% of its intelligence + the difference of the intelligence of the enemies nearby. Also knockbacks units for 300 units.Level 26Area Damage
+40% of intelligence every level.
6. Mana Bomb
(Missile)
Creates a massive globe of mana, dealing 30% of the caster’s intelligence + the difference of the target’s mana in 200 area and knockbacks them slightly.Level 36Point Target
Area of Effect
Total Level: 3
Cooldown: 15
Mana Cost: 60x the level of the ability.
+35% per level.
:fp:7. Soul Drain (Passive)Drains the stored energies to the target, recovering 6% of your maximum mana pool everytime you killed a unit.Level 56Total Level: 3+3% per level.
8. Arcane Compression
(Instant)
Drains enemies energies in 250 area, absorbing the 20% of their mana, and slowly sucking them in the center dealing the difference of the target’s intelligence + the difference of the target’s current mana. Half mana absorb from Bosses and Heroes.Level 76Area of Effect
Total Level: 3
Cooldown: 20
Mana Cost: 75x the level of the ability.
+10% absorption per level.
9. Soul Crush
(2 seconds casting time)
[1]Casts a powerful psychic spell to target enemy, stops it from moving and summoning its soul. After 3 seconds the caster crushes its soul for 275% of the caster’s intelligence to target + 2x the difference of the target’s intelligence damage.Level 85Single-target
Total Level:
Cooldown 120
Mana Cost:
N/A
★10. Dragon Form
(1 second)
Transforms the caster into a blue dragon with unique abilities. When in dragon form, movement speed, attack rate are slower and you cannot use its normal but deals destructive damage in each attack.Level 100Self-Active
Total Level:
Cooldown 0
Mana Cost: 350 (shifting) 150 (returning)
N/A

Note:

[1]It's like the target will pause for 3 seconds then an ethereal double will come out from his body (referring to the soul of the target), in 220 height then after the duration, there will be a visual effect in the ethereal double, meaning its soul is being crushed and damaging the main target, by the values above. After 1 second the soul will be back in the target if it is not killed.

*I modified the underlined description and names.
*Added more description.
*Changed "Mental Rush" to Psychic Rage(Passive) because of lacking passive skills.
*Edited the ultimate because it is very simple.
*Removed Mind Control and Replaced with Dragon Form
★Dragon Form ability will be followed after finishing basic spell packs.

Do not Include numbers with (*) because the stat system is not yet made.

-thanks for rulerofiron for that.

Contributors
*rulerofiron99 3 spells

Last edited:
Level 4
haha i'm checking if there are no mistake on the codes. anyway thats the whole thing! 10 spells for the 1st tab of wizard spells.

Level 4

haha you forgot to put the mana sphere on archmage/paladin. anyway it works very vine. thanks! i'll check on the second one.

-- The soul drain needs fix. It succeed only 1 time. and there is a floating text appears "get 3.00"
the missile effect is cool. It will be great after fixing it :) thanks. I'll give rep for the spells.

Level 25
-- The soul drain needs fix. It succeed only 1 time. and there is a floating text appears "get 3.00"
the missile effect is cool. It will be great after fixing it :) thanks. I'll give rep for the spells.

Works fine for me - care to explain how exactly it "succeeds only 1 time"?

In the Soul Drain Hit trigger, just delete all the game - display message actions. They were just there for testing.

Level 4
Works fine for me - care to explain how exactly it "succeeds only 1 time"?

In the Soul Drain Hit trigger, just delete all the game - display message actions. They were just there for testing.

Judging on the requests, you should find Spell Maker(s) for your project and it looks like ruler could do the job well.

- sorry i forgot to take screen shots. the blue balls explodes after the target dies. I'll post it tomorrow. right now, i'm veeeery very sleepy. but hey thanks for the quick responses. i appreciate that

-yea def. its very good to see him here. very fortunate :D anyway if there are updates on the project, I'll let both of you know.

again, thanks.

Level 25
- sorry i forgot to take screen shots. the blue balls explodes after the target dies.

Yeah you should rather check it out again tomorrow... the blue balls are spawned when a unit dies, and home in on the killing unit, then explode, giving the unit mana.

EDIT: Disregard that, there is indeed a bug that I'll need to fix.

Level 4
EDIT: Disregard that, there is indeed a bug that I'll need to fix.

Its the bug when you killed the unit with the mana sphere, and the soul drain is in max level, try to maximize the level of the paladin to 10 then max all skills.

anyway, no problem just post the modified version after you finished it :) thanks. I'll update the post to put a :thumbs_up: when its done. Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Level 4
Added Telekenesis.

I can't seem to get Soul Drain working properly - would it be okay if I take out the projectile?

wow you're so great man thanks i'll take a look at it.

- its okay for me. anyway, you're the spell maker :D just dont forget to put a slight effect for us to see the mana recovery.

thanks again ruler!

oh, and can you add some more in telekenesis? its like when the target is floating, you can throw it in an enemy then it deals damage by the difference of int of the target and caster plus the difference of the caster and levitated unit. the telekenesis will end after throw action has been used. thanks for the continuous support. we'll make sure of you that all of your efforts will not be wasted. :)

Last edited:
Level 25
oh, and can you add some more in telekenesis? its like when the target is floating, you can throw it in an enemy then it deals damage by the difference of int of the target and caster plus the difference of the caster and levitated unit. the telekenesis will end after throw action has been used. thanks for the continuous support. we'll make sure of you that all of your efforts will not be wasted. :)

So basically telekenesis from dota? Okay i'll take a look ;p

Level 4
So basically telekenesis from dota? Okay i'll take a look ;p

uhm.. most likely :D but only single target and do not stuns an area :D and deals damage. haha

can you be our Spell/System Maker? since you're helping us out for this but i don't know if you'll make the system :) and while were working on some things, it's okay if the other spells or the stat system comes late because it is still WIP :)

Level 4
alright BUP! we'll compile all spells made. after we finished the 1st spell pack, were going to release a video. but first we have to modify the effects to be more attractive and also some bugs (if there's any). i think doomhammer and chaosy will do the triggerings/quest. Im thinking if i wont make the stats more complicated. just the str,agi,int to make things simple.

Level 4
Outstanding BUP! :) compile this with the other spells uploaded by rulerofiron99, i'll put you in charge to collect all spells then let doom and chaosy check on the spells. We may change the effects from imported one. well done mate! also inform chaosy if he have spare time to make another spell on the list.

one more thing, i want you to edit the soul thingy. im not that demanding but i just want to make things better for our project.

the "soul" thingy, can you change its effects by creating an illusion of the targeted unit, that has locust and ethereal ability (in order not to be clickable and make it like a soul) then set transparency to 30, and it will float overhead after using soul crush to the target. just ask me if there is you cannot understand

Status
Not open for further replies.