• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request: More boot attachements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Yes. The problem with the items instead of attachments is that pesky paired thing. A Boot as an attachment would have to be a singular shoe. I'm not the only person who ever wanted such a thing based on the comments stored in the items comments, but it does seem to be a thing shot down quickly and often. Alas, my modeling skills break once it exits the realm of Google Sketchup or Blender. The few things I've looked into for converting models I've been told won't work due to the nature of Warcraft 3. I'm unable to use Magos to remove vertices, which prevents me from turning a peasant's feet into my own Jackboot.

I am attempting to get a lot of diversity out of a single model. Attachments appear as the way to go. So far it seems to be going good, but without a Boot attachment, I run into a roadblock on some of the things I picture. I'm using something else instead, but that doesn't stop me from requesting, since we do have a serious lack of both boots and Gloves here at THW for attachments. Lightsabers? Got em by the dozen. But boots? Special order only!

Level 5
Blek. A boot. An attachment that can go over a foot of a model. It is for having the resource at the hive. I already used something else for the map I was looking for one for, so I probably won't use it. The point is more "we don't have one" now than for me. But if someone makes a good jackboot, I promise to replace my current attachment plans for one of my upper tier units with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.