1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Request: More boot attachements

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Riptokus, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Riptokus

Riptokus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We have very few (none at the writing of this) boot attachments for THW. We don't have many barefooted models, but still, I've found a need for one!

Can someone please make a boot model? I'll give you a virtual cookie...

2. Child_0f_Bodom

Child_0f_Bodom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  3. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Those are items, not attachments.

4. Riptokus

Riptokus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes. The problem with the items instead of attachments is that pesky paired thing. A Boot as an attachment would have to be a singular shoe. I'm not the only person who ever wanted such a thing based on the comments stored in the items comments, but it does seem to be a thing shot down quickly and often. Alas, my modeling skills break once it exits the realm of Google Sketchup or Blender. The few things I've looked into for converting models I've been told won't work due to the nature of Warcraft 3. I'm unable to use Magos to remove vertices, which prevents me from turning a peasant's feet into my own Jackboot.

I am attempting to get a lot of diversity out of a single model. Attachments appear as the way to go. So far it seems to be going good, but without a Boot attachment, I run into a roadblock on some of the things I picture. I'm using something else instead, but that doesn't stop me from requesting, since we do have a serious lack of both boots and Gloves here at THW for attachments. Lightsabers? Got em by the dozen. But boots? Special order only!

5. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    it would probably be a good idea to give an example of the kind of boot you want and what model it is for....

6. Riptokus

Riptokus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blek. A boot. An attachment that can go over a foot of a model. It is for having the resource at the hive. I already used something else for the map I was looking for one for, so I probably won't use it. The point is more "we don't have one" now than for me. But if someone makes a good jackboot, I promise to replace my current attachment plans for one of my upper tier units with it.

7. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    my main point was that different models have different size feet.... a single boot attachment wouldn't necessarily fit all models properly