• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Request - How to import aura?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its a model:

-Go into import editor in the WE, go to import and select the target file. When you get it inside the import manager, double click it and remove the "warcraft3imported" from it. STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND SAVE THE MAP, then exit out of the WE. Open the WE again and it should work fine (if you didn't exit out after saving it sometimes corrupts the map, I've had this happen. Its not like this happens every time but it really pisses you off if it does). Use it as a model and enjoy.

-I've noticed that some models simply refuse to work. If that is the case after trying to import it a couple times, make sure you names the textures it uses correctly (check the resource itself on THW and it should tell you what to name it), I would also suggest importing the skin and naming it first, then the model. If it still refuses to work, try downloading it again. If still nothing, then your out of luck. Ask for some help perhapes.

If its a spell:
Read the readme in the spell map and it should give you some steps. General things to follow - copy the units/spells/buffs before copying in the triggers (that way they're all there when you copy in the triggers). Rename it how you like and have fun with it.

For both:
Give credit to the author in your map

-Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.