• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request a harpy skin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Yah a harpy, hopefully this will get someone more interested instead of skinning the same skin over and over again *Blood Elf Mage :smile:*. I am using the regular harpy for my custom made dark elf army, its kind of a boring image since every other dark elf is getting a due over.

This is for my map which has been in the works since 1988.....
kidding, for a few months i guess, its a rather huge map with tons of imported stuff my models and others, credits are were credits are due mind you :þ. It can be played multiplayer since i plan on adding all the imported models and skins into an mpq format. Its like a crossbred of Warhammer,warlords,and heroes with playable races like dwarfs,ogres,empire,wizards,undead,dark elves and fey. Each race having up to 8 units and 1 to 2 captain classes. no regular war3 heroes are featured.
Gameplay is different, there is much more to do than combat and tech, you´ll now be given an options to take quests. Ever played Warlords Battlecry?, there the quests are simple. Like kill 20 units before the timer expires and you´ll be given a reward or amass an amount of resources to donate to a church, among other options to suit your adventuring needs.

screenshotkl7.jpg

Thus we arrive at my request. Like i hinted i need a Dark Elf Harpy skin,
harpysingleslarge15044fg2.jpg
Like in this pic from warhammer, work with the wings however you can but try and make them leathery instead of feathers, if you can´t do that i might be able to edit them in max or well rather vertex lol.
I guess i´ll have to pay anyone who´s up for the challenge with rep and this long-time lurkers respect. Thanks in advance

Ps. This skin won´t be simply for this map either as this is for a whole fantasy world i´ve created and most likely after this map there is a possibility of a campaign which was originally planned before i decided to make my race creation and gameplay map into multiplayer playable map.

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Does it?, if it did i´d be using the gargoyle but the gargoyle rather looks like a gargoyle than a harpy (Since generally well in the myth harpies are female). I do try and use what i can and don´t request much but i desired a new look thus i requested, am i not allowed to make this request?

Besides i think it would look cool, harpies are never skinned far as i know, plus i wouldn´t say no if the skinner decides to upload in the skin section, it would be a nice and a refreshing addition.
I´d really appreciated if you wouldn´t suggest anything else of this type i mean no offense but i´ve thought this through after my own miserable attempts at creating the dark elf harpy and i am very interested in acquiring a skin of this sort.

I can´t really put this in the correct terms except it would be really cool if someone did this for me, pretty pls.

Level 31
Well, heres a skin. The harpy model has afunny wrap and it looks odd when on the ingame model. So I slightly modified it. you caan still use it as just a skin, but the model makes it look a bit better.

Attachments

• Harpy.mdx
    98.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Harpy_portrait.mdx
    102.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Reactions: Em!
Level 15
NOOOOOOO, T_T this stupid CD doesn't work!!

im pretty sure my friend will let me use it's ^^

for tomorrow i hope i can install it.
(Em, im going to make your skin almost to any cost xD, take in mind that)

Well, heres a skin. The harpy model has afunny wrap and it looks odd when on the ingame model. So I slightly modified it. you caan still use it as just a skin, but the model makes it look a bit better.

EDIT: WAAAAA? NOOOO!! I WERE GOING TO DO IT!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.