1. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Replay Seeker

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by TheEGSTv, May 25, 2017.

1. Alone_MonaX

Alone_MonaX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sad thing that so many ppl (across the whole internet that i`ve seen while i was searching for replayseeker too) wanted this tool but now, when i`ve adapted it for newest Warcraft III versions, it got 0 downloads :S
    I really need more testers than we`ve got atm (3 testers, srsly?) to make it work for every Warcraft 3 version and edition, for most PCs having Windows... And all what i want from you is just to run it and report here - does it work or no. (Including CPU Architecrute (x86/x64), Windows version, Warcraft 3 version and Warcraft 3 language). If it does not work, i also would like to get additional info (what do you see, what have you tried and so on.)

2. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So, this one should work on 1.27a right?

3. Alone_MonaX

Alone_MonaX

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, it should not work on 1.27a. I will implement 1.27a support (along with other known versions) tonight. I am most of time at the work and cannot implement everything i want in one day.

This one (beta) should work for 1.26.[X] and 1.28.[X] versions. For official ones it does. No idea about modded/hacked Warcraft III builds.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  4. Alone_MonaX

Alone_MonaX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uploaded new version to test.
    - Added multiple versions support, ability to choice (1.26, 1.27, 1.28 are available now and should work)
    - Implemented simple version of custom offsets setting (run ReplaySeeker once and look in the repseek.cfg file)

Also i`ve just rebuild SimpleCamera2 (plugins.zip, if you want to use it - extract in same directory with ReplaySeeker) because it was crashing ReplaySeeker for some reason. Now it does not, but if it will happen - play with replayseeker without SimpleCamera by removing SimpleCamera2.dll from Plugins directory (in case you extracted plugins too)

Archive password is same: twitch.tv/alone_monax

Test this version, please.

Should be intuitively clear how to use it. I have no time to write guides in weekdays, i`ll do it in weekend. Also i`ll refactor code in weekend if i will have time.

Attached Files:

5. Alone_MonaX

Alone_MonaX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I`ve updated SimpleCamera. Implemented toggling plugin active feature, fixed some bugs. Report about any crashes now :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  6. Alone_MonaX

Alone_MonaX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am stuck at some problems, will finish new version someday;
    It supports (will support):
    - Turbo mode (affects 1.26 and 1.27 for sure; investigating 1.28)
    - Version autodetect (simple implementation)
    - Reworked 'rescan' button -> more automatic processes

Tasks left for this version:
    - Hide chat feature
    - Disable sounds / rendering features (optional; most likely i will defer it for next version)
    - Make units skills visible feature (probably will defer too)
    - Fixes with threads handling (thats where i`m stuck, working on it at free time)

No1 is interested anyway; I`m just letting here some dev notes for somelike history.
    Also through many half-dead sites and some alive people i`ve found contact with Danat (original author). He nicely allowed me (and everyone else) to continue the project as open-source (as i`m currently doing). Also he explained me about Turbo mode, so i understand what it was standing for. Thanks, Danat! :)

7. Alone_MonaX

Alone_MonaX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still beta:
    • Added turbo mode support for known versions (not sure about 1.28, cannot make a good test for it; investigating)
    • Changed some calls to thread-safe ones
    • Added simple version 'autodetect'
    • Added known process names list, so no need to specify it anymore (in most cases)
    • No need to restart ReplaySeeker for another replay/warcraft version anymore.
    • Reworked 'rescan' button: No more needed to click it to restart scan process. It will always do scan until it finds replay. There are 'stop scan' button to stop it and get able to select another version if it is needed.
    Important note: if you have old 'repseek.cfg' (from previous versions) - remove it, please.
    No more archive passwords btw.

Attached Files:

8. Alone_MonaX

Alone_MonaX

Resources:
    Resources:
    So looks like this is waste of time to post in many forums;
    I`ve moved ReplaySeeker for 1.26.X, 1.27.X, 1.28.X there, cause i am a bit bored posting in all these threads :-D
    Here is no one active anyway
    Cheers :p

9. sexytime.

sexytime.

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh sick. nice updates for 1.28+
    i was gonna restrict myself to 1.26 replays but hey, wont have to now xD

10. Alone_MonaX

Alone_MonaX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Btw, there is removed support of 1.28.2, so "1.28" version works only for latest 1.28.X atm (1.28.5)

For 1.28.2 you need to change something in file, ask me if you need :p

upd: for correct working for 1.28 versions, you should run Warcraft in -windowed or -nativefullscreen modes

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  11. adshmkmr

adshmkmr

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi guys, replay seeker (simple camera beta4) TOGGLE FOLLOW not worked pls help me