• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replace Some Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I think this would be a good time to replace some boring abilities. For example Priestess of the Moon has two passive abilities and one scouting ability which makes her a simple move-and-attack hero.
Another reason is to give the gameplay a fresh new feel just like the graphics is getting. Of course I don't mean to overhaul the whole game.
Also this will make rebuying the game less painful :)

From a WC3 veteran that has played it in it's golden age.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
For example Priestess of the Moon has two passive abilities and one scouting ability which makes her a simple move-and-attack hero.
Honestly, passive abilities do not take mana, autocast ones do hence they are not truly passive. Shadowmeld is an active ability even if it comes by itself into action at night when the hero does no action.

In terms of an AoS, yeah, it's boring but in terms of melee it's quite different. I use Searing Arrows last but that's my view on it because I like that spell the least.

Level 12
Well, the Phoenix is useful but you have to wait too much for it to use it with Banish. However, Siphon Mana is a killer in early game.
Yes. You have to wait way too much.. and at that time it will be hard to use it with banish.
On 6lvl BM is still squishy and will be focused so everything he can do is try to cast ult, position himself for flame strike and use banish on enemy heroes when needed. IMO.
Siphon mana is good against melee heroes..

You can just buy AM and have much more usefull water elemental.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Siphon mana is good against melee heroes..
Not only (there might be ranged ones trapped by units or in a hard position to run away far enough not to be siphoned. It's not an easy hero to play. It definitely requires some skill for those combos to work properly.
You can just buy AM and have much more usefull water elemental.
The Archmage is an easy hero to play with. That's why most people use that hero and because of the very important passive which is an aura. Plus, the movement speed...

Level 12
Not only (there might be ranged ones trapped by units or in a hard position to run away far enough not to be siphoned. It's not an easy hero to play. It definitely requires some skill for those combos to work properly.

The Archmage is an easy hero to play with. That's why most people use that hero and because of the very important passive which is an aura. Plus, the movement speed...
Exatcly. That's why he needs some buffs/rework. Same thing with Paladin. AM is pretty much first pick always (i talk about competitive 1v1 games).

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
And why is even Archmage first pick a problem in first place? It's probably the 2nd best human hero you ever could have. Some heroes are hard, some are easier, hence the priority picks. That's why there are specific building orders for each race, that's why there are advantages and disadvantages, what's the point of eliminating that? No one wants to play a game where units and heroes area just like stormtroopers...
Do something with BloodMage. His skillset is rly random..
Your arguments are rather random. Devotion aura with armor, regen and hp boost? That's an epic boost.

Level 12
And why is even Archmage first pick a problem in first place? It's probably the 2nd best human hero you ever could have. Some heroes are hard, some are easier, hence the priority picks. That's why there are specific building orders for each race, that's why there are advantages and disadvantages, what's the point of eliminating that? No one wants to play a game where units and heroes area just like stormtroopers...
Because it would increase the number of builds/strategies.
More viariety = more fun ?

Your arguments are rather random. Devotion aura with armor, regen and hp boost? That's an epic boost.
Numbers can be changed. It's just an idea. For now this aura is bad.
Why are you so scared of changes? Nostalgy? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.