• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing terrain shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all
I wish I could get rid of the terrain shadows in my map, because things occurs during a very dark night, and it feels a bit unrealistic to have the building shadows displayed in that darkness. Do you guys know a way to get an empty shadow map or something?
Thanks by advance

Level 3
Thx for fast answer but...the object editor? I'm talking about the cliff shadows, not doodad or unit shadows.

Last edited:
Level 17
I bet you could use some kind of "glowing" doodad that removes shadows, i'm sure i've seen some around.

Level 3
nice idea... the problem is that light display in wc3 is already very buggy, with many glitches (twinkling lights, square limitation etc), and I managed to almost suppress them from my map, so adding extra light sources would be a bad idea.
Are you sure there is no way to replace the terrain shadow map by an empty one?

Level 7
Umm thats easy, make a new map, then with an mpq editor extract the shadow map file and add it into your map (warning: this will remove ALL shadows)
.shd
thats the file extension of the shadow map file, if you don't know how tu use an mpq editor, i can help you :)

hum like the other said.. you can remove the unit shadows with the Object Editor.. (Art - Shadow X) etc.. so if you put it to ''0'' it will remove the shadow from the units.. or the doodads... (will take you a long time to remove all but) its 1 way you can do it...

Level 3
Thanks for those suggestions, guys.
But indeed the map is kind of huge and almost fully terrained...
Luthion, I'll try to use this mpq editor, thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.