• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Removing Health Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi!

I'm making an RPG in wich i want to remove the Health Bars of the NPC, since some of them are supossed to be hidden. I turned them into buildings, and the health bar goes away, but then I can't modify the facing angle of the unit in the editor =/

I'm doing it by placing the unit, and setting the facing angle with Ctrl+Click, and then I turn them into buildings, and remains as that as long as I don't try to modify it, if I do, the unit(building) faces "Default Degrees" again... I'd like to know if there's a better way :p

Level 20
Hehehe... I have already tried that xD Well... there's no problem... I guess I can get used to the method i'm using now.. :p Thanks!

Level 4
If you don't mind removing the entire unit's tooltip (healthbar, owning player's name). Then the following will also work for you.

JASS:
    call UnitAddAbility(u, 'Aloc')
    call ShowUnit(u, false)
    call UnitRemoveAbility(u, 'Aloc')
    call ShowUnit(u, backup)

To explain, what this is doing is adding the "locust" ability to a unit, hiding the unit, removing the locust ability, and un-hiding the unit.

Level 20
The units had "Locust" but i was unable to remove them by "Pick every unit" =/ That's why I'm looking for another way to do it.

Right now i did what Maker said, and the health bar doesn't display, but I can pick the fire... with triggers and with the pointer :p Maybe I could make a trigger.. "If unit is selected" -> Unselect or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.