• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removed Warden but Weapon still wild

Status
Not open for further replies.
The files
Ok, so I know nothing about modeling. I'm sorry. I read tutorials all night and got the weapon I wanted, the Shadowsong Glaive. Problem is the weapon is not being held by my units and swings around like wild. I know this is a simple stupid noob thing to be asking but if someone would help, it would mean the world to me.
weapon%20problem.jpg

Also, this weapon does not exist in the model>attachments category, so if someone wants to make it, I'm sure a lot of people would use it. If you can tell me how to stop all animation and reset the attachment points I can do it myself. I have war3viewer, vertex modifier, war3 mdlx conversion, war3 model editor, and geo translation. Thank you in advance.

You made some massive faults. However this is pretty easy to fix.
Firstly, you did not export the part properly. You simply removed everything except the weapon. Even then you missed one part of the hand.
After doing so, which will also remove all but one animation you need to move the weapon, or more precise, its grip to the origin point of the model.
Since you are new to this I did that for you.

This was my first attempt at modelling. What program and function did you use to "move" the weapon? I think I was closer than I thought. I'm going to learn some modeling and hopefully tackle slightly more difficult tasks in the future.

Anyway, I want you to know that this made my day. Can I post it as an attachment? Should I name you as the creator? I know your work, its amazing, so I can understand if you don't want to be associated with such a simple model. I can post it as anonymous if you like. I can't believe no one had done this before.
ROCK ON!

Edit: the attachment point it slightly rotated away from the grip of the weapon. How would I move the attachment point? What program?

Last edited:
This was my first attempt at modelling. What program and function did you use to "move" the weapon? I think I was closer than I thought. I'm going to learn some modeling and hopefully tackle slightly more difficult tasks in the future.

Anyway, I want you to know that this made my day. Can I post it as an attachment? Should I name you as the creator? I know your work, its amazing, so I can understand if you don't want to be associated with such a simple model. I can post it as anonymous if you like. I can't believe no one had done this before.
ROCK ON!

No please do NOT post it because the quality is very bad.

Spare yourself the hassle of submitting stuff in the model section until you can do stuff on your own not someone else.

I used vertex modifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.