• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remove terrain effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have a problem and I was hoping someone could help me. I want to edit the terrain and walkability at the position of a unit, and then remove it after 30 seconds or something. Heres the trigger:

Pit make loop
Events
Time - Every 0.33 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Set pitpoint = (Position of Pitmaker)
Environment - Change terrain type at pitpoint to Outland - Abyss using variation -1 in an area of size 2 and shape Circle
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (-50.00, 0.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (-100.00, 0.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (-150.00, 0.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (50.00, 0.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (100.00, 0.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (150.00, 0.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (0.00, 50.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (0.00, 100.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (0.00, 150.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (0.00, -50.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (0.00, -100.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (0.00, -150.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (150.00, -150.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (150.00, 150.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (-150.00, -150.00)) of type Walkability to Off
Environment - Set terrain pathing at (pitpoint offset by (-150.00, 150.00)) of type Walkability to Off

And then after about 30 seconds I want the terrain to be removed. Thanks for the help(hopefully :grin:)

Level 37
My Lich King spell pack has that kind of system. Terrain is changed to ice, then a few seconds later it gets changed back to what it was.

The link is in my sig. You don't have to download the map, the triggers are posted at the download page.

The spell Contages Insanctus does that, look at the Pulse trigger. Terrain Change trigger restores the terrain.

Level 5
Thanks, I couldn't quite understand your hashtables but I got the idea and I think I know how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.