• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Remove powerbuild cost without removing repair cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Is it possible? When I changed powerbuild cost to 0 the workers couldn't build at all (including the one which placed the building).

(data: powerbuild cost)
cbf4696abe.png

The idea is to create and use dummies with the repair ability to change how fast you can construct buildings. Problem is that if I just straight up set the repair cost to 0 then that will obviously also affect the normal repairs.

I've also attached map for those who are curious. (enter numbers in chat to change how many extra dummy workers help with the building)

p.s. in the map it's currently limited to the numbers 0 to 4, with 4 having 0 extra workers, (It's meant to be for speeding up the build speed depending on map difficulty setting: VEasy, Easy, Normal, Hard, VHard; with 0 being easiest and 4 hardest) but it's obviously super easy to change to whatever you want.

Attachments

• Build Faster Hacky System.w3x
    19.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Level 9
I tried several ways modifying the Repair (Human) ability. It seems that Power Build cost must be included... I'm trying to bypass the cost using triggers, but it might be very inaccurate. The gold stored is somehow a 'real' value.

I once had a map which increases the Gold carried by peasants by 1 (11 Gold).
When it has a Low Upkeep, The gold carried by peasants would become
11 * 0.7 = 7.7
(the game would display a floating text of 8 though!)

let's say i have 100 gold as a player.
100 + 7.7 = 107.7
(the game displays 107!)

Status
Not open for further replies.