• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Remove order icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi. I know this question has been asked a lot because I've found a lot of topics from searching but none seem to havea n effective/definitive way to do it.

I need to get rid of all the default order icons (attack, stop, move, patrol, hold) because I really don't need any of them.

I've tried one method found in a previous topic which was to grab the orderID and remove the ability but it doesnt work:

JASS:
function Trig_RmvDefaultIcons_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit u = gg_unit_Hpal_0000
    call UnitRemoveAbility (u, 851972) //stop
    call UnitRemoveAbility (u, 851993) //hold
    call UnitRemoveAbility (u, 851983) //attack
    call UnitRemoveAbility (u, 851971) //move
    call UnitRemoveAbility (u, 851990) //patrol
endfunction

There was one topic which described breifly about a method which involves importing custom .txt files which alter the path/destination of the icons but didn't explain enough for me to replicate it.

Does anyone have further info and/or a sure-fire way to get rid of them?

Thanks

EDIT: I also tried:
JASS:
function Trig_RmvDefaultIcons_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local unit u = gg_unit_Hpal_0000
    local player p = Player(0)
    call SetPlayerAbilityAvailable (p, 851972, false) //stop
    call SetPlayerAbilityAvailable (p, 851993, false) //hold
    call SetPlayerAbilityAvailable (p, 851983, false) //attack
    call SetPlayerAbilityAvailable (p, 851971, false) //move
    call SetPlayerAbilityAvailable (p, 851990, false) //patrol
endfunction
BOOHOO doesn't work

Last edited:
Level 8
Well for 1 I don't need them seeing as I'm controlling units completely through triggers and 2 is that I need to use A and S hotkeys which are same as Attack and Stop. I know if I assign these hotkeys and players use them, the abilities will be used rather than the orders but I would prefer to remove them completely as they will be useless.

I also will be controlling movement through triggers so I need to get rid of anything that can interfere with the trigger's control over the unit.

EDIT: Ok I'm going to explore this .txt thing method blah but I haven't explored blizzards achives for a while and forgot how to do it.

Level 8
Hmm I tried to set move to 0 but funny thing is it will mess with my trigger.

Basicly what it does is move the unit's X axis but if his movespeed is 0 the model will stay still except the shadow which will move as intended. Strange so I think setting move to 0 is not an option.

Damn, most important to get rid of is stop, I would really like to use S as a spell hotkey but Stop seems to take precedance when pressing the hotkey.

EDIT: So probably what people have said that Stop is necessary is true so the alternative would be to change the hotkey if possible. Really I've got A, S and D for Attack, Smash and Dodge and it's perfect except for Stop hotkey getting in the way!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.