• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remove Loscut Ability in Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, I want to create spell that will remove Locust ability from Area or from Unit. But I don't know how, because when I do trigger - pick units in area of spell and remove locust ability from picked units, this thing not work.

Level 10
Idk what you intend to do. But when creating locust, you can put them in a group. Then you can check if that unit is in the area or not.

The event unit enter region also detects locust, you can add them to locust group easier.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

I'm not sure if removing Locust works as intended..

Level 5
Idk what you intend to do. But when creating locust, you can put them in a group. Then you can check if that unit is in the area or not.

The event unit enter region also detects locust, you can add them to locust group easier.

I'm making 2 abilities, one will add locust to units and second will remove locust. If I need to remove locust from one unit, I coulded use this ability, but it seems that I can't do that.

Maybe there is way to pick specific units from group?

Level 10
I'm making 2 abilities, one will add locust to units and second will remove locust. If I need to remove locust from one unit, I coulded use this ability, but it seems that I can't do that.

Maybe there is way to pick specific units from group?

Im really not about removing locust ability, but whatever... If you want to pick specific units from group, they MUST BE IN that group first. And normal pick unit group doesn't count locust units. As Dracolich and I had said, you must add them into a group beforehand, or use Pick units own by player. By then, check unit type or ability works.

Level 39
I'm not sure if removing Locust works as intended..
It most definitely does not. Units will have no health bars and I believe no selection circle after being un-locusted. They can be drag selected but afaik click select won't work on them.

Locust was never intended to be removed so the game doesn't really support it. You will peobably need to find another solution to this.

Level 5
I can still select them and this is enough for me. I will use this ability in roleplay map, so people can build decorations and make the unselectable with this ability, but if someone make mistake it will be easy to fix it with removing the ability. The only problem that it will remove ability from all units so you need add ability to old units again.

Level 11
I can still select them and this is enough for me. I will use this ability in roleplay map, so people can build decorations and make the unselectable with this ability, but if someone make mistake it will be easy to fix it with removing the ability. The only problem that it will remove ability from all units so you need add ability to old units again.
On Map Initialization you can create a dummy group and add all locust units one by one with "group - add unit to group" action. When you need to check locust units in area just add action:
Pick every unit in dummy area
If picked unit is on The Area then do actions else do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.