• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remove all hero glows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've searched the forum a bit, only found ways to remove the glow from specific models by removing the texture path from the model then importing the new model. Thing is, I need all the heroes' glows removed, and that would significantly increase the map size. For any concerns of "the hero glow helps identify heroes", I plan to use no hero glow versions of most of the heroes as units, then use the attachment hero glow to create hero versions of them.

Has anyone figured a way to remove all the hero glows by replacing the texture with something yet? Or pretty much any way that doesn't require individually editing and importing new models?

Level 2
"full alpha" as in a blank opaque texture, or a blank transparent one? and if the first, which is considered blank in warcraft, black or white?

Status
Not open for further replies.