• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remember WC3: WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi
Glorg here.
I hope I posted this in the right spot. If anybody has been paying much attention, few years ago a fellow named Craka J started a warcraft 3: World of Warcraft caimpaign. The team working made a lot of progress, but then abandoned the project. However, when he did so, be stated that he leaves the project 'to you' by which he meant anyone else.
So I'm just wondering... has anyone been working on that? Independently, I mean.

A few users might've worked on it here and there, e.g.:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2439156-post6.html

But no, I don't think anyone has gotten very far in it.

If I recall correctly, Craka had some plans for it a few years ago. I think he wanted me to help prepare a better demo for it (I was working on Ardent Heroes at the time). My activity began to dwindle after I got my mac, because I no longer could mod unless I was on my PC, and both Ardent Heroes--and the potential for a better Wc3:WoW demo--kind of faded.

It is a bit saddening, and I still feel guilty. :( Perhaps at some point I may extend the demo a little bit, since I've always been a fan of WoW, but I don't know for sure.

Level 17
i dont think that project ever had much of a future. main problem is that you cant translate a first person game into wc3 because you have no controll over basic things like camera and keyboard events also it was stellarly big and in dire need of decent coders which are ofcourse hard to find

Level 1
Yes, i suppose your all right. Such a huge concept, or even such a huge idea of world of warcraft in warcraft 3 is daunting even for a whole team. Great shame that large projects stay unfinished, unless of course craka j suddenly feels up to continuing his massive project (very unlikely). Even if one person has been workong this entire time i very much doubt they got very far, even in 3 years...
While Im on the subject, did anyone ever continue Fall of Draenor?

Status
Not open for further replies.