1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Remake of the popular war of the 12 kingdoms

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by fotie, Aug 27, 2009.

1. fotie

fotie

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am capable of creating a successful map. I started working in editor because of the original game called War of the 12 KIngdoms. If you havent played before, its a very well played map on the roc community. I have played wc3 for the reasons of 12k and risks for the strategy and critical thinking reasons. If you also played, you would know me as 1 of the best players at this game. As time went on, i realized how much better the map could be remade and balanced much better. So here I am recreating the game that gets me excited everytime I play. If any1 would know how to remake this game perfect, It would be me since the hundreds and thousands of times I have played and mastered the skills required. I am very good at terraining but never took the time to learn jass and master gui. This is why im looking for the help to benefit the ideas i have created into making this map "perfect". Im solely 100% towards this map and not intrested into learning or making any more maps in the future.

Thats some background info about mexD Does that answer all the questions?
    But for any fans of 12k/ba, I wont let you down

2. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    So in other words you have no knowledge of anything in we. u can't even bs good.

3. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    ehm... Fotie.... U need alot of skill to be capable to Remake such a piece of art as 12kd

And what the info you gave told was this:
    YOU CAN'T DO A REMAKE OF IT WITHOUT TONS OF HELP!

That leaves us to the conclution that all you wanne acoplish is to get Reputation for a map u probelly wouden't work anything on!

4. fotie

fotie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im actually doing most of the things... All terrain, balancing units and stuff. Im not making this to get any repxD I just want 12k to be fun again, as well as like my 100 12k freinds. I sense you are trying to bag on this project so please stop. If your intrested in contributing thats fine. The names i have listed have not yet shown any proof of help, which is the reason why so many are listed

5. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    well... Sorry for that offens... it's like Midnight here.,.. I am abit tierd:p But still Triggering is the most Recvierd Job for a map..... And if the Map maker can't make that and it will leak alot the Map might be more Balanced but will Lagg like hell and evantully Crash:p just saying:p

6. NoAmmoSrry

NoAmmoSrry

Resources:
    Resources:
    basically what fotie said was hes doing terraining and unit adjustements. SO he doesnt even noe gui. Which you need to make a map. I hope no one stupid falls for this scheme.

7. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    welll... that's Basiclly what i said.... On the Offensive one...

8. fotie

fotie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks nairsirk, the last posts were much more beneficial for the map. noammosrry- I have a 12k partner that knows gui and jass so you dont have to worry at all means. Thanks for caring to all that have posted comments.

9. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    well fotie... the one thing about this remake is..... It will never work.... Becuse.... Well Leopold is still Working on it... New versions comes and goes

10. fotie

fotie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually, leopold is done with 12k and seems mostly that way as well for his most popular map Broken Alliances. In this remake im not editing his version or off Mr.moneybags(original creator). This is strictly 100% scratch and map size is much larger. If you guys have any ideas for the game, I would love to listen to them and try my best to implement them to the map.

11. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    He is planning to Remake Broken Alliance.... Have u read his Forums?

12. fotie

fotie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea i have, he plans on editing some stuff but he hasnt mentioned anything about a total remake. Im in touch of many Ba players and they love the gameplay still but say the game itself got boring. w/e that means:) But since this is a remake of 12k. Im trying my best by changing the game up quite abit. Leo emphasized about changing 12k's name as well, so atm its War of the Kingdoms: Chaos Reborn... But thats just temp name as of now.

Anything you were hoping 12k or Ba would have on newer versions?

13. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    well:p i think 12k Is already as balanced as it can be....

14. fotie

fotie

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the units are balanced but heros are overpowered. The players base locations are unfair as well. Example: blues base... Baron Camus is much too easy of a quest to receive knights with those stats. Mines also are unfairly givin to purple. Theres many new features im wanting to add as well. The UINT SPAWNS are a must fix. No strategy into picking unit combos, which i beleive is what gives Ba much bigger edge.

15. Rmx

Rmx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'm helping on the triggering area, but no one told me it was a REMAKE map :S ..

OMG are we stealing a map or something !

16. fotie

fotie

Resources:
    Resources:
    No we are not stealing a map:) the original creator Mr.moneybags gave me permission to recreate the map, though he has quit wc3 some time ago... Rmx if you didnt know, the original is 1 of the more rather popular maps in the roc community. Im 1 of the best players at it as well, myself and many others got bored of it, so I thought of recreating it. It will be quite a fun map to play if you are a fan of the original. Since i know the game inside and out, I beleive i can make it much better and adding more modes and features. SO you dont want to be under spell creator or both?

17. Rmx

Rmx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If you have permission in reworking it, then i don't mind at all :D

I will help ofc :D

18. naitsirk

naitsirk

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm..... Welll U called the Remake of 12k And then u'll need Premision from King_leopold sorry..... That's just how the rules goes

19. fotie

fotie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well leo creating 12k, doesnt give him the right to say he is the owner. It was a small edit from 10k. Leo requested i change the name to differ from his map, and to not refer it as new 12k created by him.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  20. DudeSpirit

DudeSpirit

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't understand why you need such a huge team for a simple map as this.