• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reign of Doom v1.02

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is my scrapped project, although it is almost done, I've lost passion and inspiration. But I decided to upload it anyway. Sorry it only contain 5 heroes for each faction.
This map is not protected, feel free to develop it but do not upload it as "Reign of Doom" without my permission.
Reign of Doom is an AOS map based on combination of DotA and HotS, and wrapped up in unique custom models, skins and icons. It provides various item combination and individual leveling based on DotA, yet every heroes will have their own role as healing, damage, tank, or siege and more teamwork required based on HotS.

Models:
  • Elite Siege Engine - Deolrin
  • Pandaren Militia - Skipper
  • Black Fur Great Knight - Grendel
  • Worgen Footy - Cavman
  • DwarvenWarrior - GeneralFrank
  • and many others
Skins:
  • Voidspawn UI - Spellbound
  • HeroShadowHunter - Hao00
  • DraeneiMaleShaman - FrIkY
  • DraeneiHuntress - 67chrome
  • ForsakenDeathguard - 67chrome
  • NightElfArcher - 67chrome
  • EliteGrunt - Estar
  • and many others
Icons:
  • TitanSteelSheild - Haedis
  • OrcRoushingWelcome - JollyD
  • BloodLink - 67chrome
  • WaterSword - Mc!
  • and many others
And others that I forgot to mention, sorry. But if you feel that it is yours, please send me a message so that I can place your name here

Keywords:
AOS, DotA, HotS, Team Brawl, Warcraft, RoD, Reign of Doom.
Contents

Reign of Doom v1.02 (Map)

Reviews
18:50, 4th Apr 2016 Rufus: Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay:12 / 30Aesthetics:8 / 20Total:20 / 50 Rating Chart 45-505/5 Highly Recommended35-444/5 Recommended25-343/5 Useful15-242/5 Lacking0-141/5 Unacceptable Gameplay Pretty clear and good...

M

18:50, 4th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:12 / 30
Aesthetics:8 / 20
Total:20 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
Pretty clear and good damage versus creeps wich makes last hitting easier, which is good. I played the tinker hero and found it pretty interesting.

There are too few heroes as the description says. However, the hero growth of the few is good. You get powerful pretty soon allowing pretty epic hero clashes.

The shop system is very confusing with shops al ittle bit scattered in the base. I am not sure at all what I was supposed to buy or where to create reciepes.

I can clearly see that the creator of this map has a good idea of what an AoS should include and brings a few new ideas to the table. The map still needs more energy put down into it though.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
Description is poorly made. Reading it, It seems like you won't be continuing to work on it anyway. However, if you'd like to keep this map on the hive, a proper description must be provided.

The terrain is basic with a few imported materials but could be improved. However, the current pathing and visibility provided is good and clear.

There are a good sense for details in the UI, and a lot of custom icons and other image files has been imprted to create a nice looking interface.

The heroes has kits that matches their personality, with fitting spells and icons. The total aesthetics score is dragged down by the terrain however.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
None I could find.

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
The main reason I'll be giving this a low rating this is the lack of heroes. If you can add more, then I will reconsider my rating.

Status set to Rejected. If the creator decides to continue woriking on this project, he should post it in the map development forum as a WIP project.

Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:12 / 30
Aesthetics:8 / 20
Total:20 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
Pretty clear and good damage versus creeps wich makes last hitting easier, which is good. I played the tinker hero and found it pretty interesting.

There are too few heroes as the description says. However, the hero growth of the few is good. You get powerful pretty soon allowing pretty epic hero clashes.

The shop system is very confusing with shops al ittle bit scattered in the base. I am not sure at all what I was supposed to buy or where to create reciepes.

I can clearly see that the creator of this map has a good idea of what an AoS should include and brings a few new ideas to the table. The map still needs more energy put down into it though.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
Description is poorly made. Reading it, It seems like you won't be continuing to work on it anyway. However, if you'd like to keep this map on the hive, a proper description must be provided.

The terrain is basic with a few imported materials but could be improved. However, the current pathing and visibility provided is good and clear.

There are a good sense for details in the UI, and a lot of custom icons and other image files has been imprted to create a nice looking interface.

The heroes has kits that matches their personality, with fitting spells and icons. The total aesthetics score is dragged down by the terrain however.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
None I could find.

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
The main reason I'll be giving this a low rating this is the lack of heroes. If you can add more, then I will reconsider my rating.

Status set to Rejected. If the creator decides to continue woriking on this project, he should post it in the map development forum as a WIP project.

Last edited:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Very interesting! But! There's something unnatural for an AoS game. Why is the size of the map so big? Think about hosting on internet to play it. It will cause lag, trust me. You should try to reduce it, try using the Vexorian Optimizer ;)

Level 12
5v5, how?
Is there any AI or something here or?
Because the map WILL NOT WORK on bnet.
Reduce the file-size to 8MB or less to make it work on Bnet.
Or if this was ment to for only single-player, which idk.

Voting for Rejection until the file size has been reduced.