• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reign of Chaos disappeared from Battle Net after the yesterday's "server maintenance"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HB.

HB.

Level 3
There is no way to enter Reign of Chaos multiplayer anymore. Instead, everybody ends up logged into TFT despite not having the game installed. Searching for games leads to disconnects at the beginning of the game due to the missing TFT files.

This concerns hundreds of RoC players, it's not an individual issue.

Apparently, nobody among the Classic Team members has noticed it, lol.

Level 1
As of today, with new maps, in Europe ROC, someone usually DCs.
Went to US East, game immediately DCs. As does US West.
Ive tried everything from reinstalling to checking ports. I refuse to go Static IP for 1 game.
I've never seen anything like it since launch.

HB.

HB.

Level 3
An entire game got literally disabled on Battle Net, this is new indeed.

Unfortunately, the brand new "Reforged forum" seems to be completely abandoned by Blizzard employees.

Level 6
Servers were restarted, everyone can connect.

Edit: In reference to RoC it's disabled. The patch notes explain why.

So they just decided it's time to die? A 17 years old game that survived everything...

I just have no more words.

Level 2
Apparently, nobody among the Classic Team members has noticed it, lol.

Directly from the patch notes:
  • Battle.net 320 disabled for Reign of Chaos
    Dev Comment: We’ve been encountering non-trivial issues connecting players over Battle.net 320 as we unify the game client - a prime example being disconnects caused by erroneous matches between Chaos and Throne. Custom maps created with RoC data are still playable, this affects melee only. A major benefit to this change is players who owned Reign of Chaos only now have The Frozen Throne.
So I am not sure what they are not noticing, they did this on purpose and told you that they did it

EDIT: I apologize, I am an idiot.

Last edited:

HB.

HB.

Level 3
Perhaps you should compare the dates of the relevant posts on this matter to comprehend the flow of the events.

Status
Not open for further replies.