• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Regions/Triggers - Moving Regions and Unit move order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Alright, this problem had been bugging me for a long time so I decided to do some testing and found this out:

I created 2 regions and made it so that whenever a unit enters one of those regions, he is ordered to move to the other one (eternal loop, right?)

I add one chat event trigger that moves one of those regions over to the position of another region.

I found out that units can be ordered to move to the region location but any "unit enters region" trigger involving the moved region cease to function for some reason.

-------------------------------------------------
What I need is: How can I bypass this because I need regions to be deplaceable but they are continuously used as spawn points/pathing points for units.

Level 12
How about you just make 2 regions, 1 that is inactive. When you type whatever it is you type, make it turn off the trigger for 1 region then turn on trigger for other one that is made in the place that you wanted that region to move to. So instead of moving just create others and turn them on/off.
This will surely fix the bug.

If you do want the other region to move to the region switched to, make a region over your first one then turn that off, then when the command said, switch them round.

Level 7
I thank you for the effort but this will hardly resolve my conundrum, as your method would require me to place near 1000 x 1000 regions and triggers in my map. I don't move to a specific region in my game (that was just for an example) I move it to a point coordinate by an ability. (and that point is variable as to where the player wants it to be)

Level 7
Alright I will explain in full what happens in my map, though I think the question is stated pretty plainly on the first post.

Players pick a 5 coordinate path for units. The first coordinate is where units will spawn, the other ones are where that unit will walk to (from one to another (think tower defence style)). I only use 5 regions which I will move to the designated points when they are selected.

The thing is, the "unit enters region" trigger fails to work for any region that has been moved in any way. I need a way to resolve this. This is a relatively large map and the regions are small enough so "making many regions which are activated later" would be unrealistic

Status
Not open for further replies.