• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Region only works from specific angles (Halp!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys,

First off, I'm new to mapping, I've made my map as far as I have because of the help I could find in here. I have now stumbled upon an issue that I simply cannot see a fix for, or explain its behaviour.

I've made a Region. Let's call it Region Red. When a specific unit, my Peon, enters that Region, it's supposed to be sent back to a different Region. This works.

... but it only works if the unit enters the Region from the left, or from the bottom. If it enters from the top or from the right, it doesn't trigger. If it enters from top/right I can run through the whole Region, and then when I turn around to cross again, it will trigger, because the entry point is now either left or bottom.

I have uploaded an image that may clarify my lack of proper explanation:
sxHEu0A.jpg

In case above picture is unclear or too small: Imgur

I will also show you my trigger, although I don't suspect the trigger to impact the behaviour of a Region, but you tell me:
upload_2020-2-13_14-50-46.png

In case above picture is unclear or too small: Imgur

Can anyone pull a Sherlock Holmes out of this? I'm losing my hair over it.

Level 2
I actually got help from a nice stream. My Condition needed to be changed to:

upload_2020-2-13_16-40-27.png

Thanks for anyone contemplating helping.

Although this solved it perfectly, it doesn't explain it to me, logically, why it was behaving the way it was.

I don't know about current patch, but there was a problem with top right corner and using the "Region Contains Unit" at the "A Unit Enters Region" event. [General] - game does not realise when region contains unit
Though it seems weird, as you say it doesn't work at all from the right, not only at top right corner.

In your case you also can use a "Specifc Unit Enters Region" and choose Peon 0005 event, instead of using "Generic Unit Enters Region" Even and needed an extra condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.