• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Region Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
SO is there anyway possible to rotate or reshape a region?
because the region is for a wall trigger that im trying to make but as you can see in this pic below i can not get the region to fit pefectly in that line.... is there a way of rotating, changing shap or a completly diffrent method in putting this region in a straight line.

upload_2020-2-27_19-29-30.png

Level 5
As far as I know, there is no workaround to change the shape of a region or rotate so you can't make one matching the line you want to draw.

Instead you can use a periodic trigger that check if there is a unit close to the wall using a "get units in range" function" every X seconds.

Level 5
As far as I know, there is no workaround to change the shape of a region or rotate so you can't make one matching the line you want to draw.

Instead you can use a periodic trigger that check if there is a unit close to the wall using a "get units in range" function" every X seconds.

Any type of table or diagram that shows how range are shown in game, so i no exactly what values to put for the range of a unit?

Level 5
No sadly there is not, one could download a custom spell to show AoE range of a unit else you'd have to make predictions using base units range as reference.

You could also check the X/Y axis values at the bottom left of your editor to manually see what range does represent moving the cursor.

Level 20
1)Place a rect at each endpoint of that line which act as a location then use this:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/line-segment-enumeration-v2-1a.286552
The event must be periodic. Also remove those two location leaks after using.
^ Probably the easiest way, but uses a system (it's user-friendly tho).
If you don't want to use a system then you can either go for the 'not that hard but very inefficient and time-consuming' workarounds for this (either creating multiple rects to cover the line or creating polar offsets for each loop which is a big no)

Status
Not open for further replies.