• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged Arthas Unmounted

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Arthas Menethil, Crown Prince of Lordaeron and Knight of the Silver Hand, was the son of King Terenas Menethil II and heir to the kingdom's throne. He was trained as a paladin by Uther the Lightbringer and became inducted into the Knights of the Silver Hand. Arthas also had a romantic relationship with the sorceress Jaina Proudmoore. Committed to the protection of his people, Arthas was determined to stop the plague of undeath from infecting Lordaeron.

Made with ReterasModelStudio-
Sorry for my bad English.This model was made by HolyRavioli,but it don't have speak sound animation because the model don't have facefx file,so I add HumanArthasWithSword's facefx to this model and edit something in MDL format and then I success.

This is original model:Reforged Arthas Unmounted

Update 28/9/2020: Fix the sword issue.
13/10/2020: Add Arthas Unmounted Reforged with Wow animation
13/2/2021: Reduce file size by removing LOD geoset both Reforged Arthas Unmounted and Arthas Unmounted Reforged with Wow Animation,rework the cape in Reforged Arthas Unmounted as feedback for smoother animation
24/11/2021: Update hands of Arthas Wow Animation,I highly recommend if you are using Arthas WoW animation,please download updated version for better visual.
1/12/2021: Update hair of normal Lich King Wow Animation- not clipping and soft hair movement. Adding V2 version with different angle of head + some Cinematic animation in Reforged style

If you use this model,give credit to HolyRavioli too.
Previews
Contents

Arthas Unmounted Reforged with Wow Animation (Model)

Reforged Arthas Unmounted (Model)

Unmounted Arthas with Wow animation-V2 (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
The model has 3 noticeable issues: -The cape clips sometimes. It's not a huge deal, but sometimes it looks odd. If you are able to fix it, do so; if not, just revisit the model once you feel like it, it's not a gamebreaking issue. -The sword doesn't...
I tested it and it worked! How exactly did you add the facefx file to the model? Thinking of doing it with one model.
Sorry for my bad English
The model based on animations of Human Arthas With Sword so I think Human Arthas's facefx will work then I used ReteraModelStudio and converted both Human Arthas and Arthas Unmounted to MDL and open its in notepad
In human arthas model I searched for "FaceEffects" then I copied
"FaceEffects {
Target "Node",
Path "Units/Human/ArthaswithSword/ArthaswithSword.facefx",
}" and pasted it to Arthas Unmounted but when I tested ingame the facefx went bug.
I saw Retera talk about the facefx bug because of "bindpose"(In human arthas you can see bindpose section below FaceEffects) so I decided copy some of bindposes relate to Head and replace them to Arthas Unmounted and it worked.
FaceEffect.jpg Bone relate to Head.jpg

Level 4
Friend, you could try to do the opposite, but with Arthas Humano. Create the horse-mounted Arthas (hammer). Perhaps it could be about the mold of the human Knight.
Or even mount for the Dagren or Uther paladins, that would be something very different.

Hey awesome stuff! Is there a way I can replace Arthas with sword model with this one? Can it be done for the campaign by replacing files somewhere in the directory? Or is it only possible via map editor for each map?
If you want to replace human Arthas with sword with this model.you just only import this to your map and change the path to "Units\Human\Arthaswithsword\Arthaswithsword.mdx" or if you want any map that using human arthas with sword will be replaced to this model(reforged campaign too),just use local files: Go to Warcraft 3 Reforged installation folder==>open "_retail_" folder ==> create a folder with name "units"==>inside "units" folder,create a folder with name "human"==>inside "human" folder ,create a folder with name "arthaswithsword" then copy the model file to "arthaswithsword" folder and change name of model to arthaswithsword.mdx,copy arthaswithsword.mdx and change name to arthaswithsword_portrait.mdx.

upload_2020-10-5_19-1-31.png

The model has 3 noticeable issues:
-The cape clips sometimes. It's not a huge deal, but sometimes it looks odd. If you are able to fix it, do so; if not, just revisit the model once you feel like it, it's not a gamebreaking issue.

-The sword doesn't have the particleFX of the Frostmourne, like Holyravioli's had. Try readding it (something as simple as copy-pasting them and reassigning them to the sword bone should work).

-The portrait is unnecesarily large. You can safely remove the horse and everything below the chest (I usually keep it safe and remove everything below the belly).

The model has 3 noticeable issues:
-The cape clips sometimes. It's not a huge deal, but sometimes it looks odd. If you are able to fix it, do so; if not, just revisit the model once you feel like it, it's not a gamebreaking issue.

-The sword doesn't have the particleFX of the Frostmourne, like Holyravioli's had. Try readding it (something as simple as copy-pasting them and reassigning them to the sword bone should work).

-The portrait is unnecesarily large. You can safely remove the horse and everything below the chest (I usually keep it safe and remove everything below the belly).

i read through your feedback and check my model again:
-About the cape clips,I tried to fix many times but this version look better than the others,maybe my model skill is not good
-I download the model and test in game 2 version( reforged animation and WoW animation) the sword still have popcorn emitter( 6 popcorn glow and 1 frost popcorn),you can check it again
-I combine portrait to main model so you just need to import 1 mdx file to work,maybe you wrong Wow animation model is portrait file
Thanks for your feedback:peasant-grin:

i read through your feedback and check my model again:
-About the cape clips,I tried to fix many times but this version look better than the others,maybe my model skill is not good
-I download the model and test in game 2 version( reforged animation and WoW animation) the sword still have popcorn emitter( 6 popcorn glow and 1 frost popcorn),you can check it again
-I combine portrait to main model so you just need to import 1 mdx file to work,maybe you wrong Wow animation model is portrait file
Thanks for your feedback:peasant-grin:

Oh yeah, my bad. I thought it was the portrait. Let me check the wow model as well

Level 1
Your model, which is with WOW animation, does not have hair animation and there are no hair on the face that hangs down .... in general, the hair is cropped (((