• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Redstone Mercenaries Race

full

full

Redstone Mercenaries Units Altered Melee

How to play?

To play this faction, choose Human to play this race.

Recommendation?
All units are in HD so go to Reforged mode and play this Altered Melee map.

Screenshots:
full

full

The Redstone Mercenaries consists of criminals, prisoners, deserters, exiles, cutthroats and refugees from the Imperial wrath, found themselves making a new life as a brotherhood of mercenaries fighting for what is rightfully theirs. A ragtag group of PMCs who were working in the isolated areas from any Imperial, Orc or other racial presence.

Buildings:
1. Mercenary Hall
- Command center and drop-off point for gold and lumber, trains Slaves. Can upgrade to Keep and Castle. Has the Pillage upgrade.
2. Tent - Food production building for Redstone units.
3. Mercenary Camp - Troop production building, trains Axemen, Armored Riflemen and Mercenary Raiders. Has Enrage, Long Rifles and Animal War Training upgrades.
4. Mercenary Tavern - Summons heroes and revives slain heroes.
5. Logistics Center - Lumber drop-off point building, as well as upgrades for weapons and armor.
6. Mages Guild - Spellcaster production training, trains Rune Priests, Geomancers and Baphomets. Has upgrades on Rune Priests and Geomancers, Chaos Weaponry and Magic Sentry.
7. Workshop - Produces Catapults and Mortar Teams, has Flare, Fragmentation Shards and Burning Oil upgrades.
8. Black Market - Creates a shop for purchasable items, unlocks items depending on a current Keep or Castle.
9. Dragon Roost - Trains Gryphon Riders and Red Dragons. Has Storm Hammers and Breath of Fire upgrades.
10. Earth-Fury Tower - Defensive structure, fires boulders against land and air units.

Units:
1. Slave
- Basic worker unit, can gather gold and lumber, builds and repair structures. Can able to defend himself in combat from raids and can Pillage buildings for resources.
2. Axeman - Redstone basic infantry armed with axes, shields and heavy armor. Has the Pillage and Enrage ability to increase attack speed, but takes more damage.
3. Armored Rifleman - Long ranged infantry, excel at taking down air units. Has the Long Rifles upgrade.
4. Mercenary Raider - Mounted unit, can Pillage and Enrage ability to increase attack speed, but takes more damage. Has the Animal War Training upgrade.
5. Rune Priest - Support spellcaster, can initially cast Rejuvenate to heal a single unit. Can also learn Ray of Disruption and Bloodlust.
6. Geomancer - Flexible spellcaster, can initially cast Hurl Boulder to damage and stun a single enemy. Can also learn Summon Rock Golem and Command Aura.
7. Baphomet - Ranged spellcaster, can Spell Steal buffs and debuffs from enemy casters. Immune to spells.
8. Catapult - Long range artillery unit, capable of hurling rocks against structures, but slow and vulnerable. Can upgrade to Burning Oil to deal more damage overtime.
9. Mortar Team - Support artillery unit, fires mortars against structures and flares to reveal invisible units. Can learn Flare and Fragmentation Shards.
10. Gryphon Rider - Powerful creature mounted by Dwarven rider, throws hammers against ground and air targets. Can learn Storm Hammers and Animal War Training.
11. Red Dragon - Heavy ranged creature that Devour opponents. Immune to spells. Can learn Breath of Fire and Animal War Training.

Heroes:
1. Pyromancer
- Mystical hero, excel at fire magic. Can learn Rain of Fire, Summon Lava Spawn, Brilliance Aura and Volcano.
2. Mountain King - Warrior hero, excel at disruption and crowd control. Can learn Storm Bolt, Thunder Clap, Bash and Avatar.
3. Blood Reaver - Warrior hero, excel at recovery and healing reduction. Can learn Soul Burn, Howl of Terror, Vampiric Aura and Dark Conversion.
4. Baphomet Lord of Despair - Mystical Hero, excel at magic control and manipulation. Can learn Healing Wave, Mana Shield, Life Drain and Doom.

Pros and Cons:
- Durability and resource mastery in both early and late games
- Low healing capabilities

Overview:
This Human faction were comprised of bandits, cutthroats, criminals and even deserters who were escaped from the Imperial wrath. But these mercenaries have bonded each other like brothers in arms. They loot, raid or even kill for weapons, armor and they customized every equipment. Therefore, they were feared, armed to the teeth and ready for their adventure in search of riches, spoils and glory, in hopes to become a career Redstone Mercenary.

Video:
Contents

Lost Temple (Map)

Reviews
Compared to the other submissions of yours, this one is way better. The units are different indeed, they got different abilities that actually work great in combination vs enemy troops. I really have no idea why is there an Eredar as a trainable hero...
The race was visually different enough that I didn't feel like I was playing a human clone. I loved the encampment theme of the race and age of mythology music is always a plus. While I like seeing new abilities rather base game ones, you had a good variation of base game abilities for the units that made them feel distinct. Beside the a icon error where the enrage agility and its research being different their wasn't much in the way of problems.

However their are somethings that I feel you could improve: (This is just my opinion and throwing out some ideas)
  • First is the having a mortar team and catapult. I felt that it was kind of redundant to have both. I'd say replace one or the other with ballista that has powerful Anti-air and/or infantry attack and a moderate siege attack.
  • Second would be to change the target of Dark Conversion to from any creep to any hostile non-hero organic unit below level 6 as by the time your hero is level 6 most creeps would be gone. This would allow the player to have more uses for ability (such as target a powerful unit or disrupting their income by targeting workers) while preventing players from cheeseing high level creeps.
  • Add more custom abilities the heroes

Some general improvements id recommend are to Implement the ability to chose to play custom race so that in multiplayer and rename the map name to that of the race so players know which map is which.

Overall I'd give 4.5/5. (I don't like giving out 5's as I feel like their given out to freely) Keep up the good work.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Compared to the other submissions of yours, this one is way better. The units are different indeed, they got different abilities that actually work great in combination vs enemy troops. I really have no idea why is there an Eredar as a trainable hero for this race. I understand that they are mercenaries, but none of them except this one is a demon.

Anyways, approved!