• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Red Crystal Icon

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
that's themineral icon i modified with photoshop to make the Red Crystal Icon ;)
It is a resource that wil;l be added in my map, i hope it will be useful for you too ;)

Keywords:
Red Crystal resource
Contents

Icon-Red Crystal.dds (Texture)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/Aug/23 23:50:37 Comment: [Rejected] This edit is too simple and the crystals are in no way that red. Resource Moderation - Rules
I am not too sure about this.... I will leave it up to see more reviews as currently it does not seem different enough from the orignal.

I like, but it's not the best quality. i think we should go a little easier on this one, we don't really have a lot of icons, and this may seem easier to make, but if you've ever done photoshop, you'll know quite a bit of tracing is involved. In any case, it looks pretty good, and even a simple change such as this could prove useful.

Level 3
Here's something better. It's so simple as to not worth being a resource, it took 5 minutes to make.

Included in the rar: 1 psd file, the jpg sample image, 3 dds textures colored for the races.

EDIT: Also, I have no idea why people would need red crystal icons.

Attachments

• icon-mineral-sample.jpg
    icon-mineral-sample.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 486
  • Red Mineral Icon.rar
    48.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 27
Here's something better. It's so simple as to not worth being a resource, it took 5 minutes to make.

Included in the rar: 1 psd file, the jpg sample image, 3 dds textures colored for the races.

Some maps, like MineralZ have these.
Oh, this resource should get rejected as it's too simple...

Level 16

Maybe make it red framed?, and people might could use it for jewels (ruby)

Level 3
The file I attached is a photoshop file, so the layers can be adjusted as the user sees fit, but note that they are colored by race; Terrans get green borders, Protoss get blue borders, and Zerg get orange borders.