• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Rects & Regions + 1 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ok, I want to clear this out, because nobody gave me a clear answer. What is the difference between those two? I know GUI both calls them Regions, and I know that a region can consist of multiple rects. How can I picture a rect in my head? Is it a square (like from region palette), or what? There is a function RegionAddRect(), how does a region look like after you add some rects? I'm confused.......

+ 1 question: Does anybody know how do I remove that thing when the mortar team can't shoot from close range? So I want the mortar team to be able to shoot from the close range. Any ideas?

Thanks for reading this

Level 3
For the mortar team there is an option in the object editor,combat- min attack range is all you need to change, and as for the RegionAddRect() thing i'm also not to sure how that works ??

Level 15
Ok, I want to clear this out, because nobody gave me a clear answer. What is the difference between those two? I know GUI both calls them Regions, and I know that a region can consist of multiple rects. How can I picture a rect in my head? Is it a square (like from region palette), or what? There is a function RegionAddRect(), how does a region look like after you add some rects? I'm confused.......
Rect is a rectangle, region can be defined as a group of rectangles, so you define the shape of a region by adding rects.

Status
Not open for further replies.