• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recruiting Map Makers For Map-In-Making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am in the process of making a map. There are 3 different 'factions' in the map. 2 of the factions are enemy dragons, and the other is a very large human town in the middle. Humans will be killed in one shot by the dragons, and the dragons will of course have AoE attacks, but human archers/spear throwers will be able to do a lot of damage to the dragon before they die (by hitting the belly etc.) The dragons will be able to fly and walk on land. In air, they are able to use their breath on the ground and air, and since the breath will have a fairly long cooldown (recharging the fire/lightning/poison/frost in their bellies and all that) they will also have a claw attack. Each color of dragon will have different breath, with different cooldowns, and with different effects, as well as different spells. On ground (I will use the walking model Mc ! submitted) they will also be able to breath in the air and on the ground. Each breath/damage spell will have to be aimed manually, and it will take about 1 second to cast/blow and they will not travel extraordinarily fast, so dragon fights will take proper dodging and timing the right times to fire your proper spells, as well as knowing when to hit them with the claw attack. The thing that'll allow balance is that there will be no levels. Each dragon will 'age' up to a certain point. When killed, the dragon will respawn as an egg to be born into a newborn again. Each dragon lair will have X amount of eggs, so they won't be able to respawn over and over and over. The eggs will be killable, so on raids to the enemy lair, taking out the eggs would be smart, but of course they'd be guarded.

There is many more details I have in mind, but I don't exactly have the time to type them and i'd prefer to discuss the other ideas in mind with the person/people who decide to help me with this, instead of emptying my brain on these forums. You can PM me here, respond here, or send a whisper to Zeknennomorph on USEast aka Azeroth.

Level 2
Well, some people have whispered me and were confused, I forgot to add this: the 2 dragon factions consist of 5 dragons each. Each dragon lair has 5 players, each controlling a dragon.

Level 4
Hmm...If you need any help with triggering or something I'll try my best. Just whisper me ingame or post here. (BNet username is Xander-)

Level 2
So far, I have no one who wants to help. =/ I really need someone to help me with terrain. A good triggerer would be nice too, but I don't want to begin too much on the map until the terrain is down. Please guys, either e-mail me at [email protected], PM me here, PM me at www.wc3sear.ch, respond to this post, or send a whisper to Zeknennomorph on Azeroth (East server).

Status
Not open for further replies.