• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reaver Worker

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
We shouldnt ever disturb those towers.
We have awoken something terrible,
Ancient Weapon incabable of fear or remose.
From the ruins we have discovered that they were called Reapers,
They were soliders of Ancient Wizards,
made from steel and given life with crystal containing soul of desceased.
They are our doom,
but the hope havent abbandoned us yet.
Only ones that have awoken so far are simle workers.
If we can destroy them quickly,
others may not awaken.

Just a quick golem type worker.
Mght do some more golem killing machines if i get bored enought.
(I would like to do whole Reavers Race)
This model Have gold + lumber animations but he uses default attack as the work animations. Gold + Lumber animations were edited a little to prevent as much clipping as possible.

Keywords:
Reaver, Golem, Heart, Crystal, magic, Construct, Mechanical, undead, Possesed, soul
Contents

Reaver Worker (Model)

Reviews
04:35, 8th Feb 2016 MiniMage: The mesh could use some work, there's also numerous cases of clipping in the animations. The concept is pretty useful though. I would suggest emphasizing its worker state by paying attention to details, like some crude...

M

04:35, 8th Feb 2016
MiniMage: The mesh could use some work, there's also numerous cases of clipping in the animations. The concept is pretty useful though. I would suggest emphasizing its worker state by paying attention to details, like some crude fingers ect. It's not a mere lumber golems who use his rocky fists to smash, it's a summoned golem used for construction, clearly their frame and look needs to differ. So work on this.

Level 8
Reserved
Post any bugs please
Ps had anbug with animation type (gold, lubmer) changing after each hit to the tree.
Hopefully fixed now but i havent got a time to test it.

Edit 1: fixed random animation type (gold, lubmer) changing while standing still.
Edit 2: turned crystal intro team color. (screenshot did not updated)
Edit 3: made death animation prettier
Edit 4: Added crastal shoulders

Last edited:

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 25
Interesting, and nice lore in the description tho :thumbs_up:
The gold and lumber seems to be "flashing" in some animations, in Magos. The crystal also, it's not dissapearing upon death. You might also want to add some glows to the crystal and some to connect the limbs to the body.

Level 3
This (and the others in this set) all look pretty good, but I feel like they could all use more TC (like on the shoulders or a stripe on the head or something).

Also, please put that super wide image in hide tags, it's messing up the formatting on this page something fierce. ;D