• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Reality Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Behold, my masterpiece!

Once reality shifted between myth and fact, a line of pure energy swept across the world, creating a mirror image of our realm into the world of warcraft. Now the two worlds remain collided, under one sky and sun, yet invisible to the naked eye.
Either that, or the two footmen garrisoned near the border line are just too foolish to look the other way.

Credits to Born2Modificate for his excellent high-resolution doodad pack.
Although technically not a WoW rip, the custom footman uses WoW animations. So sue me ]=P

Anyway, I do hope you enjoy criticizing and praising this terrain as much as I enjoyed making it.
Thank you.

realityshiftaq3.jpg

Level 34
Cool idea, but the difference is not enough to stand out. Maybe make boths sides the same size.

Edit: I see, it scrolls! Maybe you should crop it down?

Anyways, I give +rep

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Firsty, Gilles, the sides are equal, just the screen doesn't fit the entire image. See?

Secondly, Belgarath, the whole concept was to contrast their quality, to get the full "another world" effect.

Oh and... which footman? xD

Thanks for the comments both of ye.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Le'Update
realityshift3ub6.jpg

New in Patch 1.0
- Gave the high rez well a bucket (TDB noticed it was missing) -_-"
- Added some more hills
- Increased the contrast between the pines behind the tavern so they're easier to distinguish from one another
- Added mice. What do you know, they actually notice the barrier.

Level 34
The Mice are pretty cool, but I wouldn't put them there. It makes the whole screen center on them instead of the footman, which is bad IMO.

Level 25
I call it... "Compare and Contrast"!

A very nice little idea. However, it's not great. The terrain is flat, low variation of environmental doodads and tile variation, and the 'identical' placement of some things are off.

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.