• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Real Line Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm trying to have this unit's attack damage enemies in a line a la Carrion Swarm or Shockwave, but other than giving it a carrion swarm-like spell and ordering it to cast everytime it's about to attack, I don't know how to do it. Also, this technique is pretty lame too, since you have the spell's cooldown and the unit's attack cooldown itself and yadda yadda, doesn't work that well, looks bad, bugs, want change.

So I'm thinking to pull something like this there'll be some heavy coding involved and JASS isn't my thing. I've tried learning it but the syntax is horribly confusing, but I guess I'd understand it if someone would explain it to me.

If there is another way beside coding, lemme hear it, I'm all ear to any solution anyone may have :)

Level 9
You mean the missile will hit units behind target too? if so,... attack spill distance will be your best choise :D
Edit: That data is in object editor (unit tab) around the attack damage data :D

Edit: After looking your problem again, i think it is a AoE but in a line? so, i don't have any better idea

Last edited:
The issue with carrion swarm orb effect is that the unit will attack its target and also cast carrion swarm, when I need it to damage the enemy with ONLY the damage-in-a-line attack. Also, not being triggered by autoattack is a big flaw :/

Thnx for ur time tho.

Then, there's no other option than using triggers...
I know. The question is, what are those fabled triggers?

Level 19
The issue with carrion swarm orb effect is that the unit will attack its target and also cast carrion swarm, when I need it to damage the enemy with ONLY the damage-in-a-line attack.

orbs usually have a damage bonus
it might be possible to set it to a big negative value or if that wont work for you for some reason make it enable the second attack index

I know. The question is, what are those fabled triggers?

search for damage detection systems

Status
Not open for further replies.