• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rate the Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everyone,

Rules:
A person adds a youtube video with a song, he would like people to rate. The next poster rates the above song and adds his own song. The third poster rates the above song and posts his. And so on...

Note: Add one song ONLY. You must listen to the whole song before rating it. (unless your ears start to bleed or something..) If you add a song without rating the above, you get skipped.

So i'm first...

Cool.

Level 8
^ ...what
1/10; rnaodm disconnected lyrics with the usual uninteresting rap-bragging, uncatchy beat, weak rapping. Could be worse, but not much.

Level 3
5/10, because not my style of music, it's for old people :-D..

DIS IZ KLASIK!

Level 16
On which basis are we rating these songs? Personal taste, talent, musical concepts?

I'd rate the Coldplay Billie Jean song a 4/10. Reason being is the key is too awquid for the
vocalist. This causes him to sing uncomfortably high. I can't say much about the instrumentation.
Being such a simple song, there is no talent in the instrumentation. They simply provide accompaniment
for the vocals.

You need to close your eyes and feel this song. Enjoy..

Level 4
10/10. It's beautiful Keiji.
I'm about to change the genre here, and/or maybe the kind of music here.
This band is commonly seen in Warped Tours, and is pretty much famous in the "hipsters" (at least that's what they call themselves).

Pierce the Veil is a post hardcore rock band. Their lyrics are frequently (if not for always) morbid in nature, and poetic. Their songs are about the absurdity or hate of self-harm, escaping from peer pressure and changing from being suicidal, as their vocalist had gone through it in his young age. Hell Above tackles about the rest of the world being a 'hell' and rising above it. Other song suggestions: King For A Day, Disasterology, Bulls in the Bronx, and Hold on 'Till May.

I'll post another band after someone else posts.

Level 3
Damn Scorpions, one of the best rock group ever! Reminds my childhood! 10/10 for this perfect song.
Some kinda house music :).

Status
Not open for further replies.