• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Melee] Rate fix my custom heroes for a Melee map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any members who still play WC3 melee maps and who could have a look at some heroes I designed.

No triggered spells substitutes/recommendations as I want the map to be playable across multiple versions.
  • Bandit Warlock: Mystical Hero, adept at demonology. Can learn Flame Cloak (Lighting Shield but with fire effects), Demonic Empowerment, Summon Minions, and Rain of Chaos (Starfall that uses fel meteors instead of Elune's meteors).

The starting stats are 18 Strength (+2.40 per level), 16 Agility (+1.00 per level) and 20 Intelligence (+2.60 per level) .The Brigands summoned by this hero are the same unit as the merc named Brigand in wc3 editor.

Fiery Cloak does 20/25/30 damage per second to enemies around your target (be it friend or foe). It lasts for 20/25/30 seconds on both units and heroes.

The creatures summoned by the Warlock have the same stats as Crypt Lord's beetles, however the level 2 & 3 versions get evasion (15% chance) instead of Burrow.

Because these demonic minions count as Undead, they can be used as fodder for Ritual Daggers - in my map this items converts an undead unit into both health and mana for your hero.

As long as you have a way to get your hands on Ritual Daggers for your Bandit Warlock Bandit, you can use them in tandem with the minions to support your own Mountain King/Blade Master/Demon Hunter with burst healing and burst mana recovery.

Demonic Empowerment is Roar made as a hero spell.

• Silver Covenant Ranger: Cunning Hero, adept at harassing and disrupting enemies from afar. Can learn Hail of Arrows, Flash Step, Rally and Command Aura (35% damage bonus to all units).

The starting stats are 16 Strength (+1.60 per level), 17 Agility (+1.80 per level) and 19 Intelligence (+2.60 per level) .The Brigands summoned by this hero are the same unit as the merc named Brigand in wc3 editor. This unit uses the Sylvanas High Elf model from the editor (the one used by Sylvanas in RoC campaign).

Hail of Arrows is missile barrage, but set to damage melee units only. Each rank increases both the radius and damage.

Flash Step is blink,but with different visual effects and teleportation ranges.

Rally is a skill which increases health and mana regen by 75%/100%/125% for 30 seconds and costs 50 mana. This skill has a 60 seconds cooldown.

Last edited:
Level 7
I'm double posting because I want my list of available substitutes to be listed in a separate thread.

I have created the following spells as backups in case I need to change any of my existing heroes:

Hand of Havoc. Red Forked Lighting, can damage invulnerable units. It's a ultimate.

Curse of Aching Bones:Curse as an AoE skill.

Horify: An ultimate that disables all attacks and spells for 3 seconds. This is a channeled skill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.