• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Raptor

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: PopDudeSea
Raptor
By Heroic_Milkman

This is the Blizzard model and texture, I only animated it.

Texture Paths:
BTNRaptor.blp Path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRaptor.blp
DESBTNRaptor.blp Path: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNRaptor.blp
Raptor.MDX Path: War3mapImported\Raptor.MDX
Raptor.blp Path: Textures\Raptor.blp

You might want to scale the model and its collision size to 2, since it's very small.

Please give credit to Heroic_Milkman for this.

Any questions or comments? Please E-mail me at [email protected]
Contents

Raptor (Model)

Level 6
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ON OF THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now all you need to do is make a t-rex and a long neck! and a 3 horn and a airdactyle... sorry for all the things u need to do but... if you did that you would be considered "Dino-Modeler" heh.

Level 2
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ON OF THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now all you need to do is make a t-rex and a long neck! and a 3 horn and a airdactyle... sorry for all the things u need to do but... if you did that you would be considered "Dino-Modeler" heh.

A Spinosaur would be cool and usefull for a Jurassic Park map.

Level 2
That's great. Except that the model is from WoW and you shouldn't take the credit for it (people rarely read the readme :)). Otherwise, the animations are farly good.

Level 6
Yeah really nice model. Try with a Basilisk and a T-Rex, and you' ll do great! You have real talents, and I actually need those to put them into my map. Titled: Lizard Rush, or something like this... Lol!

Level 4
Nice one! Although there is one thing that bugs in most of the attack and death animation. In the mouth it seems that a vertice is connected from the lower jaw to the upper jaw. So when he opens his mouth you see the vertice stretch , which looks real weird and nasty =\

I hope if you can fix this, its quite easily if you still have the max file =P. Just move the two vertices a bit off eachother so that linking is not applied

Level 4
COOL! and the baths even worked! :D just that i made the scaling value a little bigger...big raptors attack animations..hmmm...WEIRD! :evil:

Level 2
Never use as building, shows horrible animations for ex: the top jaw goes translucent and shows bottom jaw instead which totally ruins model. Would be 4/5 with the animations and all normally but i have to give it a 3/5 :(

Level 7
this would go great with my jurassic park 3 map very good can u make a airdactly (sorry it the only word in english i cant spell)

Level 1
Well, I guess it would have been nice if I could make it work :/ I have written all the paths as it says in the readme and tried the paths that is written further up on the page, but nothing works.

It says
"unable to load file 'war3imported\raptor.mdl' "
"unable to load file 'raptor.mdl' "

Does anyone know the problem, and can help me?
Thanks anyway!

Level 13
to zynic:
remember to save and exit the we after importing the mdl, then reenter we and the problem will be solved

to thrallman:
you must be a f*kin retard!!! do you know how annoying that sh*t is? its very annoying, so, delete all those annoying posts and you may have the luck to have a raptor riding troll made by me