1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Raptor

Submitted by olofmoleman
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Animated by HeroicMilkman

Give credit if you use this in your map.

Please DO NOT distribute or modify this resource without permission.

Keywords:
Dinosaur dilophosaurus
Contents

Dilophosaurus (Model)

Assets
Reviews
General Frank: (Approved) [09-29-07] Model works and is very nice.
  1. General Frank:

(Approved) [09-29-07]

Model works and is very nice.

2. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    My only bad comment is the really bad wrapping on the head bumps

3. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I cant change that, I used extrude to make those crests

4. axlefoley

axlefoley

Resources:
    Resources:
    um dilophosaurus they believed to be black

5. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No-one knows what colour dinosaurs had, so I just use my imagination.

6. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Resources:
    Resources:
    The only thing I can find wrong with it (asides from the head) is that the frill behind its head is missing. (Unknown if it actually had it, but it created one of my favorite scenes from Jurrasic Park.) About the coloring, its just a theory and a side note, but dinosaurs (mostly the later ones) may have been as vividly colored as birds.

7. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The frill behind it head isn't missing, it's not even supposed to be there! The Dilophosaurus from Jurassic Park is Totally unreal! It's WAY to smal it didn't spit venom (because if it did, it would probebly have hollow fangs like the spitting cobra, wich is the only spiting reptile, and the Dilophosaurus doesn't have hollow fangs) and there is absolutely no evidence that the Dilophosaurus had a frill behind it head. And I don't make unreallistic dinosaurs.

8. Meta Ridley

Meta Ridley

Resources:
    Resources:
    olof, is there something you dont know about dinosaurs or fossils? Anyway, the model looks good and the skin is perfect too. As for the animations, the death animation. Its beak opens really really wide and looks like some metal wires are between it. (dinos with braces?) but you said yourself you dont make the animations, so this is more pointed to Heroic_Milkman.

9. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, I can't animate. well I never tryed, but I don't have the programs for animating. and I allready posted a pic of my Beta T-rex on the forum, but no-one seems to want to animate it.

And there are lot's of things I don't know about Dinosaurs and fossils, but I'm no professional paleontologist, I just collect fossils for fun, and try to learn about them.

10. Cryptile

Cryptile

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very good! Glad that you decided to make my favorite, and that you didn't base it off of that innacurate version portrayed in Jurassic Park (The frill was innacurate, but ok. The poison-spitting thing was just plain BAD).

Axlefoley- Where did you hear that Dilophosaurus might have been black? First of all, there's no proof, and second of all, black wouldn't have made sense for a jungle-dwelling Triassic carnivore.

Olofmoleman- Your data is slightly incorrect. Dilophosaurus lived from the late Triassic to the early Jurassic, predominently the latter. Also, it did not live only in Arizona. Traces of a larger subspecies were found in the Connecticut River valley in New England (Near my home state 8) ).

11. mr_psycho2000

mr_psycho2000

Resources:
    Resources:
    the dinosaur wouldn't need hollow fangs to spit poison out, there is a bird that has a defence were he hocks from the back of his throat black goo wich stings the eyes of predators and has a bad smell, kind of like puke but it spits up from the valve thing at the back of the throat so its not too hard to beleive i dinosaur would have this capability aswell esp for a smaller dino like this, it would most likely use it for defence purpose only because its pray would be lizards and other small creatures.
    i know theres no proof about what colour this dino would be so i think it would be different colours depending on its enviroment, green, brown, black.
    i think it could have a frill on it, again i know theres no proof of this but i think it would make a good animation for this and would make stand out alot from the other dinos so maybe you could do 2 versions then we or both happy. the crest on his head could be better but i'm happy with the dino so i give it a 5/5

12. olofmoleman

olofmoleman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Answer to Cryptile: I changed the data a bit.

Answer to mr_psycho2000: I'm not going to make a second version of the Dilophosaurus with a frill and spitting anims, like I said before I don't make unreallistic dinosaurs.

13. -Vindic@tor-

-Vindic@tor-

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Dilophosaurus is awesome and you're right, don't model unrealistic dinosaurs.

5/5

14. mr_psycho2000

mr_psycho2000

Resources:
    Resources:
    no one said it was unreallistic it could justbe another version of the dinosaur, lets face it we dont know either way wether this dinosaur spit or had frills or if he didn't so why they that the one with the frill is unreal compared to this one when we have no proof either way, you could just do a fantasy version of it, i just think a spitting animation would be usefull esp on warcraft. its completely up to you, either way i love the models. :lol:

15. WarlordChris

WarlordChris

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Insane but i cant get it into my maps :evil:

16. Asuka_Langley

Asuka_Langley

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    would be great to use in the jurassic park maps :) looks awesome 5/5

17. stifler101

stifler101

Resources:
    Resources:
    olofmoleman, all your dinosaurs models are awesome! im curious which other dinosaurs you will be coming out with and how many you plan to do. because im looking forward to some apatosaurus, diplodocus, brachiosaurus, pachycephalosaurus, of course t-rex, and my personal favorite deinonychus. keep up the good work

18. PredAlien

PredAlien

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now for a spitting animation and frilled neck when it attacks like in JP :shock: lol, mebe hydralisk animation...idk :roll:

19. PredAlien

PredAlien

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now for a spitting animation and frilled neck when it attacks like in JP :shock: lol, mebe hydralisk animation...idk :roll: